Windows 7 BSOD physical memory dump need help

Richard Clark

Hello I built this system about a week ago the Memory Corsair CMP12GX3M3A1600C9 Dominator Series i only have 1 stick installed it wouldnt run with all 3. I just updated the Bios from A09 to A11. I am about to check and see if it will run with all 3 sticks now. But at the moment it will sometimes run for 20 min other times 5-10 mins and sometimes it will maybe last a 1 min and BSOD. All my system info and what not is in the file attachment below. Hopefully someone can help me with my issue.

Thanks, Rich

Last edited:
Your attached files did not contain any .dmp files please check here and make sure your computer is configured properly to write dump files.
http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html#post140795
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be found later
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.
Additionally read this http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html#post140678 first post in that thread.
Use CPUz and the windows snipping tool to get images of all the tabs including all the slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
And
RAMMon, export the HTML report. Put everything into a folder, zip it up and attach it.

Ok Thank you I will edit/fix it. and take care of the dmp files you where right i forgot to configure it for small dmp files.

Additionally you might want to consider removing Norton/Symantec completely, using the programs uninstaller if present in the programs directory. Otherwise use the programs and features applet in the control panel and follow that up with the vendor specific proprietary removal tool
Consider replacing for now with Link Removed due to 404 Error

My HDD ended up crashing and i didnt feel like playing with it anymore so i just did a clean install but finally here are my dmp files and everything else.

Attachments

• Seven Forums.zip
    638.5 KB · Views: 489
Two of the four dump files are indicating an issue with this older driver
k57nd60a.sys 4/26/2009 Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Adapter. Might as well start there. If you know the specific model number for the installed network adapter you should be able to update it from here Broadcom.com - Ethernet NIC Driver Downloads
If Blue Screens persist, please attach newest .dmp files in you next post.

My HDD ended up crashing and i didnt feel like playing with it anymore so i just did a clean install but finally here are my dmp files and everything else.
You mentioned that your hard drive crashed. Did you do a clean install to a new hard drive? Or have you done anything to confirm that the drive is actually OK, either by using the built in chkdsk utility (elevated command prompt and type chkdsk C: /R and answer yes "Y" and reboot) or by using the vendor specific diagnostic utility for your drive?

Ok i just got through updating the drivers right after the last BSOD and right after that was when i posted the info. it hasent done it since but i also havent let it run long enough to test it yet. i just didnt really bother updating drivers since i just clean installed.

Yes i clean installed on a new laptop hdd i had laying around and i still happen to get the same error when put under the stress.
The main drive i was using is a Solid State intel 320 series 120gb. i do believe Norton is the culprit for this mishap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom