BSOD, Please help!

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by evilmuah, Jan 10, 2012.

1. evilmuah

evilmuah New Member

Hello, I've had the BSOD occur nearly once daily in the last couple of weeks. I'm pretty worried about this because, although I back-up regularly, I have a lot of really important documents on my laptop. I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me. I have read the stickies and I hope I've included as much information as desired. I really appreciate the help as I am not particularly computer-savvy.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 4105

BCCode: 7a
    BCP1: FFFFF6FC50055310
    BCP2: FFFFFFFFC0000185
    BCP3: 000000007DEB3820
    BCP4: FFFFF8A00AA62BD6
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 256_1

Thanks,
    Angela

Attached Files:

#1 evilmuah, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  2. ickymay

ickymay New Member

looking at your files this would be a Dell Inspiron 1545 which has a dual core processor and uses DDR2 ram running windows 7 OS 64bit ?

your .dmp file shows a 7e in bluescreen view and in windows debugger the same stating : Probably caused by : discache.sys ?

this could be drivers or BIOS or hard drive or possibly antivirus or third party firewall so as a good starting point I would get all your drivers up to date first ?

To do this I would check your BIOS as there is an update available bringing you up to 4/27/2010 and then update all of your system drivers such as chipset and gfx card, sound card, network card here on dells website .....

Also get a monitor on your temperatures which currently show in your CPU-ID report as Hardware monitor Temperature 60°C (139°F) ?

let us know how it goes ?

3. evilmuah

evilmuah New Member

Thank you for your help ickymay but I have already attempted to update all of my drivers a few days ago using the Dell website. I updated everything that was urgent or recommended but ended up with more problems than when I started. My video and display were screwed up. My 'hibernate' and 'sleep' options were greyed out, etc. After doing some searching, I found several people who insist that you not update drivers from a manufacturer website but only get things directly from Intel and things like that. So I ended up doing a System Restore to just put it back to the original situation.

So...that leaves me in the same boat as I was in originally. Without some guidance on what drivers I should update and where to find those updates...I'm pretty lost.

4. ickymay

ickymay New Member

start with your BIOS ?