Windows 10 BSOD Problem

AJD89

Dear sir/madam,

I am experiencing a BSOD problem: critical structure corruption. I attached a dump file.

I hope you can help me get rid of those BSODs. Thank you! :)

Attachments

• W7F_07-03-2016.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 349
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 109, {a3a01f5aab38c684, b3b72be0fdb97fd1, 6, 18}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
all your dump files were the same and basically Bugcheck 109 can be caused by 3rd party drivers, developer issues (rare) or faulty RAM.
Looking through your drivers most seem fine apart from your AMD chipset drivers:

amd_sata.sys Wed Apr 11 15:40:24 2012: AMD SATA Controller AHCI 1.2 Device Driver
amdiox64.sys Thu Feb 18 15:17:53 2010: AMD IO Driver

The latest chipset drivers are here:
Chipset

I notice your running AVG AV. This is known to cause the odd issue on occasion and ask if you can remove it and just run on the default Defender for now. You can always re-install at a later date.

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

Dear Kemical,

Thank you for your instructions. I followed them all, but I still get BSODs. I ran Memtest86+ for over 13 passes, but no errors were found. Attached to this post is a new dump file. Is there anything you can see in the new files? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• W7F_12-03-2016.rar
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 261
Code:

BugCheck 109, {a3a01f59570e6528, b3b72bdfa98f1e95, 6, 18}

Hi,
as your testing brought no results and due to the above analysis being inconclusive (as to what was the cause) try running the Driver verifier..

First however you must create a recovery disk/USB. The reason you may need this is because the verifier stresses each driver on start up and it can lead to a bsod start up loop. To stop this one needs to boot into safe mode to turn the verifier off. Hopefully the dump files and verifier will have caught the offending driver.
Creating a recovery drive - Windows Help -

Driver verifier guide:
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?

Those chipset drivers don't seem to have updated?
amd_sata.sys Wed Apr 11 15:40:24 2012: AMD SATA Controller AHCI 1.2 Device Driver
amdiox64.sys Thu Feb 18 15:17:53 2010: AMD IO Driver

The latest chipset drivers are here:
Chipset

I notice your running an SSD. Is the pc running under AHCI? If not change it over in the bios.

dtsoftbus01.sys Thu Jun 20 08:22:51 2013: Daemon Tools well known for causing issues with Windows.

Post any new dump files.

When I installed the chipset drivers again I got a pop up that says that my operating system is not supported. How is that possible?

I tried to make a recovery drive but every time I get a BSOD before the drive is finished. :/

Is it possible that my GPU is the problem? Sometimes after a reboot i get weird resolutions and I also noticed that my second screen (my tv) does not get a right signal but just a black screen. When I start up I can see the BIOS but when Windows is about to start the screen of my tv turns black. In the settings menu the tv is not detected as a screen, so I can't really adjust the settings.

Try removing the existing gpu driver using the display driver uninstaller

This will clean out any old files you may have from previous installs. You'll need to boot into safe mode to obtain the best results.

Install the most recent whql driver for your set up.

Try running these scans:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Try installing your chipset drivers again but make sure you right click and run as administrator.

Can you post what screens your using and how they are connected.

Post any new dump files.

These steps seem to have solved all problems! No BSODs for almost a day now and my second screen works perfectly fine.

Thank you very very much for your help! I really appreciate it.

Thanks for the update. Any problems or if the issue reoccurs please post again.

Today my FileHippo suggested updates for AdobeAir and OriginSetup. I downloaded and installed them both. After a few minutes I got a blue screen again.

I haven't seen any blue screen since my last post (march 21), so I am pretty sure one of these two programs/updates is the problem.
I attached the new dump files. Can you find the problem?

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• W7F_14-04-2016.rar
    937.6 KB · Views: 243
Code:

BugCheck 109, {a3a01f597088b878, b3b72bdfc30971c5, 6, 18}

Hi,
The above bugcheck is usually caused a faulty drivers or faulty hardware (usually RAM) . As you have a good idea on what was updated try un-installing the apps. I'd start with Adobe Air first and go from there..
If you find the bsod continues and because the above dump files analysis was inconclusive then you'll need to run the driver verifier.

First though you will need to create a system recovery disk/USB. This is because the driver verifier stresses drivers on start up and if a bsod is caused it can lead to a bsod loop. You can use the recovery disk/USB to boot from and enter the recovery console, then safe mode and then turn the verifier off. Hopefully the culprit will have been caught in the dump file.
Recovery drive:
Creating a recovery drive - Windows Help -

Driver verifier guide:
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?

Post any new dump files

Back