Windows 7 BSOD Problem

Nagash

Hello, these bluescreens are killing me! Have tried to figure it all out by myself but no luck with that. Havent been able to figure out why this happen.

Windows 7 64 Ultimate
9800 GTX
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
4 GB RAM

Adding a DMP file ofc.

Hope u can help me solve this problem.

Attachments

• 071710-16676-01.zip
    256.1 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Hi and welcome.

You're having a 0x124 error, which is probably the worst one to have because it means hardware.

-------

We can deal with a few issues first.

Please uninstall Daemon Tools and then use the installer/uninstaller here to remove sptd.sys which is extremely important:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

In the future, PowerISO is a great disc emulation software to use because it does not crash systems like sptd.sys.

---------
Code:
ASACPI   ASACPI.sys   Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005

This is extremely important also to have updated to at least 2009. But for now and since this a 0x124, here is something even better to do.

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Rename ASACPI.sys to ASACPI.bak and then reboot. (We can address this later when things start running well, if you wish.)

-------

Uninstall all 3rd party firewalls and antivirus.

--------

Update your bios to latest.

--------

If the above hasn't already helped, we have to begin taking this literally to be some unknown hardware error. 0x124 dumps do not specify their nature, unfortunately.

Please see the best write-up on 0x124 that you could possibly ever find, by a colleague H2S04:

[2-Int] Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try - Windows 7 Forums

-------

I recommend MSE as antivirus because it is very resource friendly and never ever causes any type of bsod.

Good luck and please post more crash dumps if/as they become available after making the above testing/permanent changes.

Okey thx, I use PowerISO and not daemon toolz tho.

I know I have some sectors on my extra harddrive that are bad, get a "clicking" sound when I explore the disc, tho I dont have the OS on it. But guess it might make the comp to dump?

Heh heh, it doesn't really matter which you use. Daemon Tools and sptd.sys need to be entirely removed from the system in the precise manner I described, whether or not you actually use it at all.

If it isn't, sptd.sys will still load with Windows and be a very likely culprit for crashes.

Any clicking sound on a hard drive is bad and it should be replaced. I don't think it is the actual cause here but still, it would be best to remove it from the system for now.

Ok, now when I try to uninstall PowerISO I get a screen, adding the dmp file ofc.

I know I was using the verifier.exe, someone said it could help with bluescreens.

It can be helpful to use Driver Verifier. To enable Driver Verifier... start->verifier.exe->OK->Create standard settings->Next->select driver names from a list->Next->sort by Provider->select all non-Microsoft drivers->Finish, and OK your way out of the dialog."

Thx for the fast replies btw

Attachments

• 071710-16707-01.zip
    256.1 KB · Views: 341
Driver Verifier is not needed here. (it will cause further problems now, which you don't need to have dealing with the 0x124.)

PowerISO didn't need to be removed. It is fine.

Please follow the above advice, instead.

(As part of removing all 3rd party firewalls/antivirus, please uninstall ESET NOD32. Here is a tool to do so:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums )

If you'd like help from whomever it was that recommended Driver Verifier, please go to them for help exclusively. I wish not to deal with further problems on top of what is already a difficult problem you have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom