Windows 7 BSOD problem

vadko

hello all hope someone can help me on this,i started getting bsod yesterday 2 times and today again, on the 3 times this happen i was only runing firefox(wich had updated to 3.6.7 when the 1st bsod happend). itunes and secondlife.

this is what i got :
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA80049D18F8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\072110-31309-01.dmp
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-103834-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

and heres the minidump:

View attachment minidump.zip

some of my pc specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz, 2336 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
MotherBoard ASUS P50 SE2
Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series

If u need any more info let me know

Thanks in advance.

Hello and Welcome !

Seems like some Hardware is causing the problem. Hard to figure out which one. But lets start with basics. Follow the below link for Hardware Diagnostic Link Removed - Invalid URL for more information on the error and troubleshooting steps check this article Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try - Windows 7 Forums

Update the Following Driver:
Code:
PxHlpa64.sys Tue Jul 25 05:48:43 2006

Run this Tool SF Diagnostic Tool - Using for Troubleshooting - Windows 7 Forums make sure you run all the option and attach the files here.

Good Luck,
Captain

Hi and welcome.

0x124 stops are the of the toughest to diagnose and figure out because they are hardware stops. The crash dumps do not specify which hardware is at fault or if it is a driver pushing the hardware to fault.

The driver list in the crash dump was truncated, due to the very abrupt fashion of the actual crash. From what I can get out of it, you need to remove this driver from the system:
Code:
PxHlpa64 PxHlpa64.sys Mon Jul 24 20:18:43 2006
It is at C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Rename it to PxHlpa64.BAK and then reboot. Tell us how it goes after doing this.

Here is a great resource for things you need to consider to deal with the 0x124 stop error if the above has not helped. Also, please post a new crash dump if further crashes happen:

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try - Windows 7 Forums

Good luck.

ok sorry for late reply i ran the Memtest86 it finished and it didnt show any errors i dont know if you wanted nay specific info from it if you do i can always run it again,

heres the results from the SF diag tool:

View attachment Seven Forums.zip

and about the PxHlpa64.sys driver should i update it or just rename it?

I would rename it to completely remove its capabilities to be involved in the system. This way, we can be sure of progress or lack thereof.

Reboot to take effect.

In the future, you can install any new version of the app that installs that driver, once things are figured out for sure.

Keep us updated please.

Hello,

Seems like your USB device not sure which one has caused lot of problems
Code:
USB\VID_093A&PID_2510&REV_0100
since it's using input.inf might be a mouse or keyboard i would recommend disconnect it and see if that makes any difference. Or download the appropriate driver from their website and install it. Also found traces if ACPI\ATK0110 belongs to Asus Utility i would recommend to uninstall all the Asus Utilities (Not drivers) because not really required for the working of the Operating System. Also some issues going on with Volume Shadow Copy Service

Then go to Start | CMD | Right Click and Run as administrator |

Type the following commands at a command prompt. Press ENTER after you type each command.
  • cd /d %windir%\system32
  • Net stop vss
  • Net stop swprv
  • regsvr32 ole32.dll
  • regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
  • regsvr32 vss_ps.dll
  • vssvc /register
  • regsvr32 /i swprv.dll
  • regsvr32 /i eventcls.dll
  • regsvr32 es.dll
  • regsvr32 stdprov.dll
  • regsvr32 vssui.dll
  • regsvr32 msxml.dll
  • regsvr32 msxml3.dll
  • regsvr32 msxml4.dll
Note The last command may not run successfully.

Hope this helps,
Captain

okay so i got my 4th bsod right now i'm running the comand's that captain say right now and as for the asus utility is been on the computer since i got it 3 months ago didn't had any problems till now but i'm gonna unnistall it just in case , about the usb problem only thing that comes to mind is my keyboard sometimes it wont respond so i have to unplug/replug to get it to work also my usb transfer rate is very slow takes like 10m to transfer a 1gig file to a usb don't know what made it so slow since it wasen't like that before but other that those 2 problems with ubs nothing else come to mind

here is the last minidump in case you wanna check if anythings changed:

View attachment minidump2.zip

thanks again guys

I ran the comands and i got a few errors:

regsvr32 /i swprv.dll:
the module "swprv.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070715

regsvr32 /i eventcls.dll:
the module "eventcls.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070715

regsvr32 es.dll:
the module "es.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

regsvr32 vssui.dll:
the module "vssui.dll" failed to load make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specific module could not be found.

regsvr32 msxml.dll:
the module "msxml.dll" failed to load make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specific module could not be found.

regsvr32 msxml4.dll:
the module "msxml4.dll" failed to load make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specific module could not be found.

Last edited:
I suspect your USB Keyboard itself. Just unplug it and use it for few hours or get a spare from one of your friend. Don't worry about the failure for those dlls.

- Captain

Back