Windows 7 bsod problems

joniespride

hello and thank you in advance
i have a fresh out of the box custom pc
im running i5 3770k processor, 16 gigs of ripjaw ram, amd radeon hd 7970 video card andwestern digital caviar black hard drive
now that that is established my problem is frequent blue screen while downloading or playing high intensity graphics games
my error codes for the bsod is
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\011813-26722-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]ntoskrnl.exe[/FONT] (nt+0x7EFC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFA80049032C0, 0xFFFF, 0x0)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]MEMORY_MANAGEMENT[/FONT]
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/FONT]
company: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft Corporation[/FONT]
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.
any help would be most appreciated

Do You have the latest drivers for you mobo from the mobo vendors website...mainly the chipset driver? There may be a BIOS update for system stability which may help your situation. You did not list your mobo, so there's no way for me to check it out. You also didn't list your PSU make/model and wattage. Sometimes it's a wattage issue with high graphically intensive software because the hardware device is requiring more power than what the PSU can provide. Something to look into.

Last edited:
Do You have the latest drivers for you mobo from the mobo vendors website...mainly the chipset driver? There may be a BIOS update for system stability which may help your situation. You did not list your mobo, so there's no way for me to check it out. You also didn't list your PSU make/model and wattage. Sometimes it's a wattage issue with high graphically intensive software because the hardware device is requiring more power than what the PSU can provide. Something to look into.

I have an Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 and a Thermaltake TR2 RX 850w power supply. I used the disc that came with my mobo, but I will try going to the website to update my drivers. Thank you very much!

As a side note, I was attempting to upgrade to Windows 8 and I cannot even make it through a fresh install of that without running into issues almost immediately.

Never use the disc that comes with the hardware to update the drivers. Always get your drivers from the website. Why?

The disc is loaded with the driver software that was available at the time the disc was burned. This is usually when the product is made in the factory. If you take the time from when the disc was created to when you get the product, that's about 2 or 3 newer driver versions.

850W should be no problem for the 7970 (850W could probably run Crossfire 7970's, I guess), and seeing it comes from a trusted brand I wouldn't doubt it either.

Use this: http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html to post your BSOD reports - there we can see what drivers are out of date, what drivers can be causing problems and any hardware related issues.

I ran the diagnostics program. Here are the results.

Attachments

• W7F_19-01-2013.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 546
Back
Top Bottom