Windows 10 bsod randomly

jmdhainsworth

been getting bsod recently kinda ignored it but starting to irritate me now any help would be highly appreciated

Attachments

• W7F_29-05-2017.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 274
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {ffff8405a280d004, 2, 0, fffff80796cc3d60}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SynTP.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SynTP.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : SynTP.sys ( SynTP+93d60 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
you have a number of different dump files each blaming a system driver. The above probable cause belongs to a Synaptic Touch Pad Driver and you also had dumps for Audio drivers, the video scheduler detected a fatal violation and finally Netwtw06.sys which is proving hard to find out what it actually belongs to.

I also googled your system details but cannot seem to find any support page or manufacturer for your notebook
BiosVersion = 1.05.01 12/02/2016
BiosReleaseDate = 12/02/2016
SystemManufacturer = Notebook
SystemProductName = P65_67HSHP

Nope.. I just spent the last hour trying to find the manufacturer's support page for your notebook. Usually laptops and notebooks can only use drivers provided by the manufacturer apart from gpu drivers.
This is why it's important we find your support page if possible. Can you provide any more information on the notebook and who the actual manufacturer is?

Also you had several dump files blaming Netwtw06.sys. Again I've searched high and low without success as to what this driver relates to. So again if you have any ideas as to what it refer's to please post.

If you could provide any further information that would be great but I would say that your system needs the proper drivers from the manufacturer.

Hi James,
thanks for the update. Using the info you supplied i managed to track down drivers from Clevo. Apparently the Defiance 3 is the same as a Clevo P650RS :
CLEVO Driver Download

Please update your drivers and then let's see how your running.

hmm still seems to happen different errors each time had 2 this morning while playing black desert :/ ive added the minidumps if they help

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    174.2 KB · Views: 253
Code:

BugCheck A, {272, 2, 0, fffff80251ad3562}

Probably caused by : storport.sys ( storport!RaidUnitCompleteRequest+371 )

---------
Hi,
this dump file is usually caused by the installation of a faulty device driver, system service or bios. storport.sys is a Windows storage port driver and may have become corrupted.
Try running these scans to alleviate any corruption:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Please run a 'chkdsk /r' (without the quotes) in an admin command prompt. This will scan your Hard drive/s for any issues and if possible repair them.

Both of your dump files failed to actually name a driver as a direct cause although that doesn't always mean there isn't one hiding away somewhere.

To find this driver you can run what's called the driver verifier. This will stress drivers on start up to see if any bsod although first you will need to create a system recovery disk/usb:
How to Create and Use a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc in Windows 8 or 10

The reason you need the recovery disk/usb is because the Driver verifier can cause a boot loop. If this occurs you will need to run the recovery disk/usb to boot into safe mode and turn off the verifier.
Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support

Post any resulting dump files.

alright all scans came through good, disk checks are good, now on windows with driver verifer on and seems fine up to now

Thanks for the update Jim.

Now it might the case that the scans fixed the issue but I would still keep the verifier running for 24hrs.

Please post any new dump files. :)

alright finally bsod again saying ks.sys failed heres the minidump

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    86.4 KB · Views: 245
Code:

BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff807f1333498}

Probably caused by : ks.sys ( ks!CKsQueue::SetStreamPointer+108c )

Hi,
ks.sys is a system driver and is probably being tripped by something else.

Your dump file stack has usbaudio showing which shows it was involved with the bsod. It's a Microsoft driver and relates to USB audio driver system driver file. (It can only be updated via Windows update)

Do you use anything via USB like headsets or mic's?

I noticed in your drivers a couple of possible 'culprits' .

XtuAcpiDriver.sys Tue Jun 28 10:05:03 2016: Intel extreme tuning BIOS interface driver. If your using this to overclock then please stop until bsod is found.

xhunter1.sys Mon May 15 05:33:44 2017: Themida protection driver (anti-decompiler application) - BSOD usually set off when a game has been hacked. Please remove to test.

Post any new dump files.

another dump file there the overclock utility i use to underclock to prevent high temps or it shuts down on high end games and how do i remove xhunter1.sys and i use a corsair void usb gaming headset thanks

Attachments

• 061317-8156-01.rar
    90.3 KB · Views: 250
Code:

BugCheck D1, {ffffc48692280fe8, 2, 0, fffff803d03d180a}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for HKKbdFltr.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for HKKbdFltr.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup:     memory_corruption
Hi,
this: HKKbdFltr.sys is HotKey Keyboard Class Filter Service and probably relates to a mouse driver. Both dump files occurred whilst playing the game Blackdesert.exe (which incidently is what xhunter1.sys belongs to albeit indirectly).

So blue screens have mentioned components in a number of dump files which plug in via USB. Did you update the USB drivers?

Also make sure that anything being plugged into the system is using the latest drivers if it has them

I would also access the support page for the game and see if any updates are available.

As you have had so many different things crop up (they can't all be bad) can sometimes indicate something else is going on such as hardware errors.
Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

ill give it a shot bit of a bummer as im ill and all ive been doing is playing on my laptop since i cant sleep but ill leave it on when i eventually decide to try sleep

alright had memtest on and came back with no errors and also had another bsod before i tested again on black desert

Attachments

• minidump.rar
    93.6 KB · Views: 245
Code:

BugCheck 7F, {8, ffffb80129f61b30, ffffb80129f90cd9, fffff80335c0b23b}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for USBXHCI.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for USBXHCI.SYS
***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe ( nt_wrong_symbols!593278B1818000 )

Hi,
the dump file seems partially corrupted as I do have the correct symbols.

You can see that with USBXHCI.SYS being mentioned then it's a good chance that whatever your using via USB is either directly or at least partially responsible.
You now have had a number of dump files which point to a USB device or devices that seems to not like your Black desert game.

Try playing the game but use only a normal keyboard and mouse, minus headset too.

If the machine doesn't blue screen then add something back and try again.

I'll check back again shortly and see if anything helped (bit busy today)

Back
Top Bottom