Windows 7 BSOD STOP 0x00000124

wheelshot

Honorable Member
Hey all,

I'm getting ramdom bluescreens when playing games mostly. I'm using Windows 7 pro 64 bits and got a <1 year old computer.

Here's the bluescreen report:
STOP 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFA8008E51028, 0X00000000F2000040, 0x0000000000000800)

Here's the things Ive tried:
- Updated drivers from hardware companies
- Changed hardware (HD, RAM, etc)
- Memory test and HDD test
- Unplugged my dual screen
- Removed the jumper for 1.5gbs limitation
- Other stuff I may not recall hehe

I'm really starting to be desesperate about those BSODs :( Can you help me please folks?

Here's my DxDiag report (Dont check out the audio driver, I've updated it):

I'm sending you too my DxDiag report:

Thank you very much folks for your time and help!

Post your specs plz, although a quick google points to the usual suspects...video driver or nvidia firewall

Here's my spec:

CPU: Quad core 2.86 ghz Yorkfield Q9550
Video card: Evga 9800gx2
Mother board: Gigabyte EP45T-EXTREME
RAM: 8 gigs of OCZ DDR 3 Platinum
HDs: SSD OCZ Vortex 120 gigs (For OS) + SATA Seagate Barracuda 7200 (For data)
Power supply 750W
Im using a 32 inch screen in max resolution (Was using it with dual screen but was thinking it was the bug so disconnected it)

humm thats all I can think of. No overclock and no overheat.

About the driver, well other peoples using the same video card as me with latest drivers are telling me its working great :(

Last edited:
Looking again around the web the flaw seems to fall under the folowing candiates commonly..

1. EVGA Precision software being installed.

2. Overclocking where voltages aren't sufficiant.

3. Sata jumpers set to wrong speed on certain Gigabyte mobos.

4. And Nvidia display driver "nvlddmkm" (maybe try older or new beta drivers), or Nvidia's Nforce firewall software.

1. I installed that software after I got bluescreens to check out if it could be caused by overheating

2. No overcloacking done on the computer

3. Removed the jumpers from my SATA disque to put it on right speed but still got bluescreens

4. I'll triple check that to be sure and will get back if its allright

Do a search in the home page of this forum for BSOD or Blue Screen. The subject has been covered several times also see article in Microsoft knowledge base about debugging.

Follow ups on those blue screens!

I've been able to get a software to extract information from BSOD and here's what the report gave me:

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 2009-09-24 02:45:28 your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: hardware
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA8008E59028, 0xB2000040, 0x800)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
This file could not be located on your computer, we suggest that you search on it with Google.
Click here to do a Google search on hardware

One thing weird about that crash... it didnt happened at 02:45 but at 22:43... Cant it something related to a clock somewhere??

I tried removing the 2 new RAM i got lately but didnt work neither. Have redone the clear uninstall + reboot + install of my video card driver with the latest one from evga.com.

All my disks are good (No bad sectors and no jumpers to slow the speed).

Hey all,

I'm getting ramdom bluescreens when playing games mostly. I'm using Windows 7 pro 64 bits and got a <1 year old computer.

Here's the bluescreen report:
STOP 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFA8008E51028, 0X00000000F2000040, 0x0000000000000800)

Here's the things Ive tried:
- Updated drivers from hardware companies
- Changed hardware (HD, RAM, etc)
- Memory test and HDD test
- Unplugged my dual screen
- Removed the jumper for 1.5gbs limitation
- Other stuff I may not recall hehe

I'm really starting to be desesperate about those BSODs :( Can you help me please folks?

Here's my DxDiag report (Dont check out the audio driver, I've updated it):

I'm sending you too my DxDiag report:

Thank you very much folks for your time and help!

Hi wheelshot,
you don't mention the motherboard bios... Is it up to date?
Blue screens are almost always driver related so check on the bios first and then you may need to review your software...

Yeah I'll have to Google search all those parameters thanks. I'm getting on the border line of my computer knowledge thought hehe! If someone can help me learn about it, I'd be thankful. /jumps in the readings with hopes

I got no clue about that giberish :( Been trying to understand that architecture since last post and that is way over my head :( Anyone else willing to help me turn on the light ?

Thanks for any help!

I had a 3rd HD and installed Vista 64 bits on it... last night 4 hours of playing and 0 blue screens. I'll keep the thread up to date but Im now sure it aint a hardware issue, but more a driver issue...

I had a 3rd HD and installed Vista 64 bits on it... last night 4 hours of playing and 0 blue screens. I'll keep the thread up to date but Im now sure it aint a hardware issue, but more a driver issue...

Nearly always is a driver issue

Yea drivers are often the biggest cause of issues...with all the vast combinations of hardware and drivers out there it's no wonder a handful come to grief.

Now I'll have to write to those hardware companies and make hem troubleshoot their stuff :( I miss already the boot time of W7

Yea drivers are often the biggest cause of issues...with all the vast combinations of hardware and drivers out there it's no wonder a handful come to grief.

Yes, it isn't like the fairly strict hardware days in the early 1980's. Compaq had all the features IBM had & then some. Flight Simulator & Lotus 1-2-3 were the programs used to test for [nearly] 100% IBM compatibility. Hardware these days can be a veritable "Pandora's Box".

Anyhow, just had my first BSOD & will have to read up on how to read the DMP file. :mad:

Ok nightmare came last night... Another BSOD while in Vista :( Only test left I can do is with an old video card I got. If bugs are still there it'll mean a RMA for mobo and CPU /sigh. Thanks for the support

Yes, it isn't like the fairly strict hardware days in the early 1980's. Compaq had all the features IBM had & then some. Flight Simulator & Lotus 1-2-3 were the programs used to test for [nearly] 100% IBM compatibility. Hardware these days can be a veritable "Pandora's Box".

Anyhow, just had my first BSOD & will have to read up on how to read the DMP file. :mad:

please start your own thread then upload and attach your zipped .dmp files for analysis :razz:

Back