Windows 7 BSOD trying to get rid of this abomination and install something else!

gentooU

I've paid for XP previously -> i have the disk), and have the release candidate downloaded, which i'm trying to install from a virtual disk application since i don't have a dvd drive.

the virtual disk application isn't the problem in trying to get rid of the Win7 Beta nonsense (that's how I installed it), this OS just started freezing up after the download & support was discontinued a few weeks ago. So i tried to get back to XP, but it won't allow it of course. Other operating systems are easier to get around than this.

I keep getting the BSOD "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer".

Stop: 0x0000007b (0xFFFFFADFD6C323C0, 0XFFFFFFFF,C0000034)

I don't have any viruses so let's no go there, and i've run the chkdsk thing to no avail.

How do I get rid of this retardedness & get back to XP or the x64 release candidate?

Hi there
1) This is a W7 Forum -- so if you want help I'd suggest you phrase your post a little differently -- nobody forces you to use it and if you don't like it that's your rightful) privilege -- however a lot DO like it and run it successfully.

2) Since we are all reasonably nice on this Forum here's what to do.

3) Since you are obviously comfortable with Linux download the Live GPARTED CD from here
GParted -- Live CD/USB/PXE/HD

4) boot it up and delete all your W7 partitions -- better off actually delete all the partitions, re-format the disk again

5) install what ever OS you want to install. XP, Linux Gentoo, Debian etc etc.

Cheers
jimbo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom