Windows Vista BSOD Vista

ryanyodie

Hello, I've recently had problems with my aunt's computer. It started crashing after it awoke from sleeping. Can't do much as I cannot read dump files. Please help.

Attachments

• Mini102513-01.dmp
    138.2 KB · Views: 244
Hi Ryan:
Welcome to Windows Forums! I can't read dump files either, but it would be helpful if we could ask you to post specs on the computer; is it a desktop (tower) or laptop/notebook? Make/Model; RAM memory; Hard Drive Make/Model/Capacity Used/Capacity Free; type IDE/SATA/SCSI, etc.

What you are asking is only readable by a few volunteer analysts and it make take a few days to get back to you on analyzing your dump results. Providing us general specs can help us assist you with troubleshooting in the mean time while you wait.

BIGBEARJEDI

A single dump file is not a lot to go on especially without any additional system information.
Please refer to the first post in this thread and attempt to complete the tasks.
Right now we are looking at
BugCheck 4E, {99, b000d, 2, 1}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiBadShareCount+24 )
More specifically
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e)
Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists (ie: calling
MmUnlockPages twice with the same list, etc). If a kernel debugger is
available get the stack trace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000099, A PTE or PFN is corrupt
Arg2: 000b000d, page frame number
Arg3: 00000002, current page state
Arg4: 00000001, 0
As suggested it could possibly be the result of a bad driver so you may want to consider any new devices and or software packages that have been recently installed.
OR
It could be a memory issue. In which case.........
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.

Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.

See this Guide to using Memtest 86+
OR
Since it mentions the Page File Number List Corrupt then it may be an issue with the hard disk. In which case first...
Launch an elevated command prompt (StartOrb->All Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt, right click it and choose Run As Administrator) and type
chkdsk C: /R
hit enter and answer Yes “Y” when prompted and reboot.
Let it run all five stages. When complete check the log file in Event Viewer for results (Click the StartOrb and type event viewer and hit enter, expand Windows Logs and highlight / select Application, click Action on the menu bar and select Find and type chkdsk and hit enter.
And perhaps follow that up with the vendor specific proprietary hard disk diagnostic tool. A list of some can be found here

As I've already said a single dump is not a whole lot of information.

Back