Windows 7 BSOD while computer idling - System_Service_Exception (0X0000003B) - NToskrnl

benn683

My PC has been stable since I built it 3 months ago. However recently I have been getting BSODs that only identify the kernel as the application that caused the issue. They state SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION and 0X00000003B as further information. After some searching I realized these are too general to pin down the issue without some experts looking at the minidump files.

The only thing I can think of that's different now than before is that before I didn't have Win 7 SP 1 (I had one of those borked installations, had to do the full repair install and now I have windows 7 sp1 installed).

All pertinent/requested files attached (minidump/cpuid/rammon)

Thanks to all you smart people in advance :D

Attachments

• W7F_17-10-2012 (3).zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800034d64b5, fffff8800639bdf0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiQueueReadyThread+a5 )

Followup: MachineOwner

The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION bug check has a value of 0x0000003B. This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
[h=3]Important Info If You Have Received a STOP Code[/h]If you received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error. If your copy of Windows came with your computer, call the manufacturer of your computer. If you purchased Windows separately from your computer, Microsoft provides support. To find contact info for Microsoft or your computer manufacturer, Contact Support.

Your bios needs updating:

BiosVersion = 0901
BiosReleaseDate = 12/02/2011
ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS M5A99X EVO

Please update:

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Fri Jun 10 07:33:15 2011 (4DF1BAAB) =Network
RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Tue Nov 23 10:14:08 2010 (4CEB93F0)=Audio
RTL8192su RTL8192su.sys Wed Sep 29 07:01:40 2010=Wireless

Realtek

If the above doesn't help please run memtest: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool for 7/8 passes on each individual stick of Ram you have. This is to ensure errors aren't missed and that you know which stick errors out if any..

not a single bsod since I updated all drivers and bios. thanks... not sure what caused it. I guess SP1 didnt like my old drivers :)

That's great to hear and thank you for following up your post.

Back