Windows 7 BSOD while gaming

Esco

BSOD every hour even when idling

Yesterday I started receiving a BSOD while I was playing Diablo3. I was having no issues with the game, everything was running fine and all of a sudden the screen froze and the sound got stuck so to speak. After a few minutes I then received a BSOD. I rebooted the computer and went back to playing. I received another BSOD. I looked on the Diablo3 forums and saw that this was an issue that was affecting a lot of players. But before this day I had been playing the game fine for hours at a time for at least 5 days. I saw that the graphics drivers may be causing an issue so I made sure that they were up to date. I still received the BSOD after 20-40 minutes of playing. I tried reverting to old drivers and still received the BSOD. I tried uninstalling the game and re-installing and still received the BSOD. I decided to try a different game and after about 30 minutes of that game my computer crashed. Both of the games are made by Blizzard so I thought it might be an issue with them. However, I have never received an error before when playing the second game, which I have been playing for a year or so on this computer.

I then tried watching a video on youtube and after about 23 minutes it froze and I got the BSOD. I tried one more time to watch another video and this time I lasted almost an hour before it crashed. I decided to let my computer sit with nothing on the screen for almost 2 hours. When I went to open the internet it didn't seem to respond and just hung with the blue busy wheel. I was not able to open any program. I did CTRL+ALT+DEL and got a black screen followed by a box that read "Failure to display security and shut down options". I then had to turn the computer off by the power button.

My computer doesn't seem to be writing dump files even though I have enabled them to be saved. Im not sure how to remedy that. I have tried updating my graphics drivers and reverting to old ones. I have done a memtest and no problems were detected. I monitor my temps and it never seems to get anywhere close to overheating.

I have never had a problem with this computer until yesterday. The only major things that have changed is that I downloaded Diablo3 on the 25th (though I didnt start receiving the BSODs until the 30th) and I have recently moved so I have a new router and internet connection.

CPU: intel i7-2600k
RAM: 8 gb (2 4gb)
motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Pro
graphics: Radeon HD 6970

BSOD reads: STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA8009E8A600, 0xFFFFFA8009E8A8E0, 0xFFFFF800033E6510)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom