Windows 7 BSOD While Playing Sims 3.

morningsting

Hello! My name is Amy, and I have been getting BSOD while playing Sims 3. It has gotten to the point where I'll start up the game and be playing it for about 10-15 minutes and then I'll get BSOD. I thought that it was my graphics card, because I've had the one in my computer for about 2 years, so I purchased a new one, but when I installed the new one, I still got BSOD while playing Sims 3. Let me say that before I installed the new graphics card, I completely removed the drivers for the old graphics card, and as a precaution, I did a clean install for the new graphics cards' drivers as well. I also tried rolling back the drivers for my graphics card, but that did not work, my computer rolled it back to the point where there were no drivers installed for a graphics card, it was just a standard VGA input that I saw when I checked it in the Device Manager. As of right now though, I have the latest drivers installed from NVIDIA. I would like to say that I am incredibly frustrated with this, because I love this computer very much, I try to take good care of it, and even though I don't know all that much about computers, I try to do research and such before I just will buy something new such as a graphics card to install it onto my computer, so I'm just upset that this is happening. Here are some specs for my computer that I could find, I apologize if this isn't enough, like I said before, I don't really know very much about computers. I did try to fill out as much information as I could in my profile on here, so if anything is missing, it might be in my profile information. Thank you so much for reading this, I know that this is long!

Intel Core i7 CPU 930 2.80GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1
Manufacturer: iBUYPOWER Computers
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC, Model: P6T SE, Chipset: Intel X58
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc, Version: 0805, Date: 02/24/2010
Memory: Type: DDR3, Channels #: Triple, Size: 6144 MBytes
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Again, I'm sorry if this is too little information, I am attaching the files that are needed, they are in a ZIP file, thanks again so much, and I hope that this issue can be resolved!

-AmyView attachment stuff.zip

Back
Top Bottom