Windows 10 BSOD

addikted

Hi There
I got Windows 10 installed yesterday and from than on my PC Goes into BSOD .Checked System Diagnostics Ram and HDD all good ,Iam posting log .Please look at it .Txs.

Attachments

• W7F_31-08-2015.zip
    232.6 KB · Views: 1,010
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe00165c13028, b2000000, 30005}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
I was out last night and woke late today so apologies for not answering sooner. Bugcheck 124 means a fatal hardware error occurred. The type of Bugcheck 124 is a machine check exception. Causes include, not enough power from PSU, overheating CPU (overclocking or poorly fitting cooler) and certain software.
I also know from experience that an out of date Chrome browser can also cause this issue and indeed I see Chrome mentioned in the dump.
Please ensure your using the latest version by going to 'About Chrome' and updating to the latest version.

Usually I can get all the information I need from the dump file although with some Bugcheck 124 dumps this won't appear. Can you post the specification of your computer including Bios version and PSU details.

Please make sure your system isn't overheating by monitoring temps at rest and then at high load:
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download

Your Intel drivers are in need of updating. If you post the make and model of which motherboard you have I'll point you in the right direction otherwise you can get them here:
Intel® Download Center

Just to make sure all is ok with your CPU please run the Intel diagnostic test:
Intel® Download Center

You have two applications installed which may or may not be causing problems. If the bsod persists I would consider removing these applications just to test:
AOMEI Backupper (AB) Standard 3.1

Avast AV
I know that Avast on occasion can cause the odd issue here and there. I checked the back up app on the compatibility site for Win 10 but it wasn't known hence my caution.

bcmwl664.sys Wed Jul 16 13:03:04 2014: Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter please update if available:
Downloads | Broadcom

Post any new dump files and please post the information requested.

Hi there
Txs for the reply.Was busy with work..Load of BSOD.Cant fix what u told me cuz the laptop hangs.

Attachments

• W7F_01-09-2015.zip
    326 KB · Views: 952
BIOS version
SMBIOSBIOSVersion
F.1C
how to check PSU readings

Will let you know about other things you told me shortly
Txs

Code:

BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe0004a0be028, b2000000, 30005}

Hi,
same again but as it seems your working through my list I'll wait and see what the result is. As for your PSU, don't worry as your using a laptop so doesn't really matter at this point.
As I mentioned above please post the make and model of your laptop and if you cannot find any drivers I will be able to help you further.
I'm just about to go out but will be back in around an hour or so.

If you find the laptop keeps hanging try booting into safe mode and then make the changes.

Sorry can you be more specific, there are many different models which fall under HP Pavilion DV6 so please post the full model number if you can.

Basically you need to return to whatever operating system you was on before upgrading. If you can initiate the HP recovery manager try that as your original copy of windows should be on the HDD in a partition. I found an old youtube video which shows the user pressing F11 whilst booting to enter the recovery manager. Might be worth a try?

Txs for the reply.I was running windows 7 before.I have backed up windows 7 I can roll back to it.is this what you are suggesting?

Yes unless you can get a Windows 10 install Disk/USB or manage to get into safe mode. If you can't do any of these things then your only choice is to go back and try again. If you upgraded with anti-virus apps running then this can mess with the upgrade process, I'm not saying thats what happened but is just one example on how these things can mess up.

I disabled anti virus last nite but no use.how can I update programs in safe mode cuz wifi doesn't work in it.

hi there
Gone back to windows 7 .Got BSOD on windows 7(though just occurred once) .I never had BSOD on win 7 until i installed win 10
i am attaching dump file please check.
Maybe if i fix BSOD on windows 7 & and install windows 10 again it might work
Also if i install chrome 64 bit and avast 64 bit on my laptop maybe it will help stop BSOD on windows 10 (my machine 64 bit)

Attachments

• W7F_02-09-2015.zip
    366.3 KB · Views: 953
Forgot to mention that on windows 10 Intel diagnostics showed all "pass"
updated chrome on windows 10 but same result.

Code:

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800522d028, b2000000, 30005}

Hi,
thanks for posting the information. As you can see Bugcheck 124 is still appearing did you check the temperatures on your machine? Also make sure any vents are free from dust.
Your drivers are in need of updating too. Please use the support page from HP to do so:
HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Just to make sure all is ok with your CPU please run the Intel diagnostic test:
Intel® Download Center
I posted this above but you don't mention any results.

You have two applications installed which may or may not be causing problems. If the bsod persists I would consider removing these applications just to test:
AOMEI Backupper (AB) Standard 3.1

Avast AV
I know that Avast on occasion can cause the odd issue here and there. I checked the back up app on the compatibility site for Win 10 but it wasn't known hence my caution. Use MSE in place of Avast as it's super stable)
Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Once we find out what the issue is we'll then go on to discuss your upgrading to Windows 10. Please post any new dump files, oh and can you also mention when the bsod's occur? Are they just random or when you do something specific?

laptop Temp
core 0 temp = 59c
core1=56
temp =57c
HDD=44c

This machine mostly has remained within the above temp zone for past few years .

Thank you.
Well those results look fine as does your temps. Check on how corrupted Windows is by running the system file scanner. Find command prompt in the start menu, right click on it and choose run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Back