Windows 7 BSOD

Matej Balaz

My PC keeps crashing, I always receive BSOD. It mainly happens during online streaming videos and during skype calls.

Could anyone help to resolve this issue please???

Hi,
try updating your network driver but in any case we need to see the dump files created when the machine bsod's. These are found in a folder marked minidump in the main windows folder. If you cannot find any then your machine may need to be configured to produce them:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Once you have some dump files read this thread and post the results:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

I have found two files in that folder, but I cant read. I ll attach them so you could look at them if you like. Also for more information, I was running this OS on multiboot hard drive along with Linux and while in Linux it did freeze or restarted but not as often as in Win7. Now on clean Win7 installation the problem persists. Thank you for your help.

Hi,
your post above says you attached files but I cannot see them?

Sorry they are here

Attachments

• 092415-159994-01.dmp
    256 KB · Views: 266
  • 092515-21091-01.dmp
    256 KB · Views: 219
  • 092615-14570-01.dmp
    256 KB · Views: 229
  • 092615-15459-01.dmp
    256 KB · Views: 240
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007dcf038, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
all dump files were similar to the above. Bugcheck 124 means a fatal harware error occurred which caused the bsod. This can often be caused if the user is overclocking the pc. If this is the case then please return to default values.
Overheating can also cause this error as can a failing PSU. Make sure your temps are ok by using an application like HWinfo64:
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download
Check temps when at rest and when the cpu is stressed especially when running the app below:

We can do a quick test to see if the machine is stable or not by running Prime95
Performing a stress test is simple:

1. Download the software and unzip the files to your desired location.
  2. Run the Prime95 executable and select "Just Stress Testing" when asked.
  3. The default options are sufficient to do a well balanced stress test on the system.
GIMPS - Free Prime95 software downloads - PrimeNet

Please run this test:
HOME PAGE OF MISHA CHERKES
This will test the gpu.

Software can also cause this error and I notice your drivers are extremely old. Unfortunately due to the nature of this particular Bugcheck I could not get all the information I can usually get from a dump file and it would really help if you used the app found in the thread here (I did ask above but I guess you forgot):
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away (you'll see errors outlined in red.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

Back
Top Bottom