Windows Vista BSOD

heater

Hello,
I am having issues with a BSOD, and I have the minidump file to send in this thread.
I am not sure why this happened.
Thank you.

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    240 bytes · Views: 281
Hi,
unfortunately the file included in the zipped folder is not a dump file. Your machine might not be producing them so please make sure your settings are like this:
If there doesn't appear to be any dump files then you'll need to change your settings so that they're created when the machine bsods.
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

You will of course need to bsod again before a dump file is produced. Oh another thing which can stop dump file creation is having no pagefile so if you turned it off (Some SSD users like to turn it off) then please re-enable.

If you read this thread you'll find a handy app which will collect all the data we need:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Yeah, thanks so much! I forgot how to send a BSOD file! Thank you also, for being patient with me! And, the BSOD happened again tonight, so I guess it works out!

Attachments

• W7F_26-12-2015.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 374
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87aa8d90, 87aa8edc, 82666060}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : hardware_disk

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
Both dump files were the same and mean a critical process was stopped probably by an issue to do with the hard drive. Please run a chkdsk using the guide below. It has a couple of methods you can use but whichever method you employ please make sure you use the correct commands or tick the correct boxes to look for and repair broken sectors:
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10

Your drivers are extremely old although your probably best using your system support page to update them. I also noticed in the storage section a few firmware updates for the HDD. Might be worth checking out?
Product Support | Dell US
Most of the later version drivers you'll find under Vista apart from the Network driver which you'll have to get from the xp section. The version your running is dated 2006 whilst the xp one is 2011.

Back