Windows 7 Bsod

GFresh

Please help, my compute rcrashes every 2 minutes. Dont hav emuch time to type this before the next crash.

Attachments

• help.zip
    120.1 KB · Views: 263
Back to elaborate before it crashes again. I bought a gateway laptop on Friday. Since then 'Ive had to restore it back to factory settings 4 times because I get blue screen crashes after I install software. Can anyone tell from the .dmp files which software is causing the issue? Thank you!

Here is your report:

On Sat 03-Jul-10 5:33:14 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF80002ACA609)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070310-23930-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 04-Jul-10 6:00:16 AM your computer crashed
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF80002A447A0)
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070410-25864-01.dmp
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 03-Jul-10 5:03:10 PM your computer crashed
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF80002A51798)
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070310-32261-01.dmp

On Sat 03-Jul-10 5:14:58 PM your computer crashed
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF80002A8C609)
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070310-28236-01.dmp

On Sat 03-Jul-10 5:26:52 PM your computer crashed
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF80002A92600)
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070310-24632-01.dmp

It seems that ntoskrnl.exe is your culprit.

There are many solutions from forums, microsoft and even Youtube videos on it.
So here is the google page you can check out:
ntoskrnl.exe bsod "windows 7"

And here is a forum that has many solutions:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/23643-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html

Last edited:
Hi.

Please uninstall ZoneAlarm as it is causing your stop errors. I can tell precisely by this and netio.sys involvment:

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 6f8, fffff80002aca609}

Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!CompareSecurityContexts+6a )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Enjoy.

Thank you to everyone for your answers! If I can't use ZoneAlarm does anyone know of a good free firewall program that lets you pick and choose what software can access the internet?

You're welcome. What you can try to do is backup your settings within ZoneAlarm. Then install the latest available ZoneAlarm. The current vsdatant.sys driver you have is from 11/22/2009.

I myself use ZoneAlarm Extreme and my vsdatant.sys is version 9.1.522 with a date of June 6, 2010.

An update to your software should alleviate the problems. If not, uninstall it and move on lol.

Actually, the debugging mentions:

Code:
InternalName:     netio.sys
    OriginalFilename: netio.sys
    ProductVersion:   6.1.7600.16385
    FileVersion:      6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
    FileDescription:  Network I/O Subsystem
It can also be an outdated Network driver.
Go to your motherboard manufacturers website and make sure that win7_rtm.090713-1255 is the lasest driver. If not, try to update it and see if the problem goes away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Code:
Go to your motherboard manufacturers website and make sure that win7_rtm.090713-1255 is the lasest driver. If not, try to update it and see if the problem goes away.

Hello,

To be honest BSOD in this situation occur because of 3rd party firewall blocks local NETBIOS ports used by system services - those services that use "NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK" as user name like sysmain. The services all run under "svchost" and too often the 3rd party Firewall's block some/all network svchost activity or severly interfere with them. This information was very from a expert and colleague of mine (jcgriff2). In those 3rd party firewall Zone Alarm is the notorious one. I too believe in OP's problem should be resolved by removing Zone Alarm.

Hope this helps,
Captain

Just a quick thought: Are you able to boot into safe mode? If so, and your PC doesn't crash, it will be much easier to troubleshoot and post ;) :)

ZVit,

No, it is because of ZoneAlarm, specifically. I've debugged countless issues of this. Please don't go against advice unless you're sure, which only confuses matters for the OP.

Thanks Captain.

To sum it up, I'm 100% positive it is ZA problem and nothing else.

(Sorry for editing your post. It was honest mistake as I though I was replying to it. It should be as you posted it again now :)

You guys are awesome! I installed a new version of ZoneAlarm and it works great now. However, I tried to install an old version of Nero and it crashed again so I had to reboot in safe mode and uninstall it and now it seems okay. I couldn't upload the .dmp files in safe mode so that's why I had to quickly type out messages as fast as possible before.

Code:

I am sorry but I can not tolerate negative critisism based on who knows what. I respect you, you seem like a kind person and I'm sure you are very knowledgeable and I'm also sure thousands of people thank you for the hours you put into this forum to help them. On the other hand, contributing a second opinion will not confuse anyone and is what forums are all about, with all due respect. I wrote "it can also be". I didn't say that I'm %100 sure or that your post was wrong.
The OP can read all the replies and do what he thinks can work. I put in time just as you did to debug it and yes, I saw the ZA solutions in other forums but you had already suggested that and since I also saw that what I wrote worked for others, I thought it would be helpful to give another opinion.
Yes, I see that you way over-rank me and that can be a reason for an OP to first try your advice.

Captain Jack replied to my post very respectfully and I expect that from everyone here, including myself.

I started contributing to this forum only 2 days ago and enjoy helping others and I also ask my own questions and think it's the best forum out there but please don't criticize me like that because it is not respectful and doesn't make me feel wanted, alas losing my will to be here and help. We all are just people trying to help others. Don't let ranks blind you. (I don't mean you specifically).

I hope I never have to write this kind of post again.

I come in peace.

Last edited:
No doubt, I hear where you're coming from. Of course we appreciate helpful knowledge. It's just that in this particular case, we've (analysts) had this discussion on other forums etc.... It's pretty much a fact.

When there is a netio.sys error, it is caused by ZoneAlarm. I actually knew the OP had ZA installed before I looked at drivers.

We're glad to have you here. When you see netio.sys stop errors in the future, you can be sure it's a ZA problem.

I know this got a little off topic but thanks for the kind reply. That's what I meant. Just say that you have had much experience in that problem and you are %100 sure that it's ZA. You wrote that after my post. If you had written %100 sure first, I would not have responded with my post.

By the way, did this post piss off the moderators? Yesterday we laughed about the N***patch and I thought we had an understanding and it was clear that I wouldn't write about that again but this morning I see that I got a warning about it. Can't you see that I am more responsible then warning games? It seemed like since I got a little personal, I got the warning. Like when you piss off a cop so he gives you a ticket for having a banana peel on the floor of your car. Anyway, thanks again.

lol I don't think the cop analogy thing is what happened, but I could see how you may perceive it as such. The site is fairly strict when it comes to cracking/hacking methods and I suspect that's the only reason for the warning. Anyhow, it seems the infraction is showing no points, so not very much a big deal I would say.

I can't speak for Mike, but I think he just wanted to stop any kind of references to the methods before they continued further.

Actually, updating the lan driver is good advice no matter what, so I wasn't meaning to imply it was bad. Just being very efficient with diagnosis etc...

Off-Topic: If there is any confusion about why warnings were issued please re-read the Link Removed due to 404 Error agreement, which is agreed upon during account creation, and also posted on every page. The discussion you are referring to was deleted for this very reason and was not handled correctly at first. A warning is just that, and serves to remind of the forum rules. It has no bearing on your account standing, other than to give a point of reference if there are further violations. There can be no confusion about what constitutes a software piracy discussion, and that does include obtaining cracks for games. That discussion should not have taken place. Regrettably, this was not addressed until later on. That other thread did not "piss anyone off", to my knowledge, but, certainly, it did violate our rules. You are not the only one who received a warning in that thread.

Also, the editing of your post here is not consistent with the way the forum is operated and had nothing to do with the other thread you are talking about. The editing of the post in this thread was inappropriate, and it is my understanding that the text was restored in its entirety. Regarding the warnings, you will not receive them if you do not discuss how to circumvent copyrighted commercial software or continue to call our rules "games".

So Nero 6 caused BSOD crashes again and a friend of mine gave me his copy of Nero 9 and then it was fine. In stalled my old copy of MS Office and the same thing happened so I had to get a newer version. Am I to assume that Windows 7 hates older software and will pick and choose which ones will cause it to crash? I miss XP :(

Hello,

I personally tried Nero 6 didn't work well but Nero 7 seems to work fine if we are running in compatibility mode. I think it's a Marketing strategy between both Microsoft and Other software so people will upgrade their software and they can make money out of it. So we cannot so we cannot blame Microsoft alone. But I'm glad that you are up and running now

Good Luck,
Captain

Back