Windows 7 BSOD'd then was locked out of drive, repair wont recognize OS presence.

poof

My computer suddenly, and for the first time since i got win7(x64) in nov 09, BSoD'd on me. My bios wont recognize the drive (OCZ vertex SSD) anymore, and when i loaded win7 repair disk and it wont recognize it either. I then loaded win7 onto another disk and put the problem disk on as a secondary, and went into paritionmanager, and it wont recognize it there either.

So i tried the repair disk again, and went into startup repair, and it gave me this:

The windows boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry

So i searched and found a number of threads that follow along the same lines of this one, which all are based on the disk still being recognizable. How can i make windows recognize the disk?

Hello and Welcome. : )

If you try to install 7, instead of repair it, does the install detect the ssd hard drive?

Is the driver for the OCZ vertex SSD installed? You can find one at the manufacturer's site or on the support CD.

You might want to upgrade your motherboard bios as well.

My bios wont recognize the drive (OCZ vertex SSD) anymore, and when i loaded win7 repair disk and it wont recognize it either.

which all are based on the disk still being recognizable. How can i make windows recognize the disk?

Did you change Sata\Ide configuration in bios?

No, nothing changed, i have another OCZ ssd which i booted to which works fine. Nothing will recognize the existence of the disk.

yeah i went into the boot menu and booted straight from it, just gives me an error. I guess the drive died. So much for SSD's being reliable.

Back
Top Bottom