Windows 10 BSODs galore!

TheLieutenant

I just recently built a computer for myself, but for some reason I am plagued with constant BSODs, most of which have different error codes but all pointing to ntoskrnl.exe driver. I've tried to do some troubleshooting on my own by reinstalling Windows, running Memtest86 overnight with no issues and updating my motherboard BIOS and nothing seems to be working. I purposely rolled back my Intel Graphics Driver and that seemed to help a bit but I still blue screen. Please help, I'm dying here!

Usually encounter the BSODs while watching Youtube videos or just browsing the web. I have a water cooler so nothing is overheating. Also, Chrome pages seem to crash a lot. I constantly get those "Oops something went wrong" messages.

Attachments

• W7F_19-02-2016.zip
    613.1 KB · Views: 438
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff90103aaecf8, 0, fffff9600286563e, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32kfull.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32kfull.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : win32kfull.sys ( win32kfull+6563e )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
you have quite a few different bugchecks which in itself can sometimes hint at a hardware issue. Bugchecks 50, 7F, 1A and A were all present with many pointing to memory as the initial cause although that always doesn't automatically mean you have bad RAM. Some did relate to the graphics which could be down to the driver below?
CAM_Client_V3.sys Sat Jul 26 14:29:37 2008: I'm not entirely sure what this driver is for as Google was a little vague.If it's not used anymore please remove or try updating or removing as a test.

These drivers are also in need of updating:

ISCTD64.sys Tue Nov 27 19:52:34 2012:
Intel Smart Connect Technology Driver. A later version (2014) can be found on your motherboards support page under W10 64Bit:
ASRock > H97M

This driver:
L1C63x64.sys Mon Apr 01 04:15:17 2013: Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller is actually for Windows 8.1 and in fact under the 8.1 section of your moBo drivers there is a 2014 version, try that. (no Win 10 driver is available.. Yet)
ASRock > H97M

dtlitescsibus.sys Thu Sep 24 21:17:21 2015:
DAEMON Tools Lite Virtual SCSI Bus Driver. This application is well known in debugging circles as a cause of many a bsod. If you don't use it please remove.

Please run these scans:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

As Chrome is crashing a lot try updating it to the latest version.

If after making the above changes the bsod persists:
Memory
I know you have run Memtest overnight but sometimes it can be the case that this is simply not long enough to catch the error. A quicker way of testing is to run your pc using one stick at a time. If it bsod's swap it for another and so on. See if a stick doesn't bsod then you'll know which are the bad ones.

Something else you could try is the driver verifier. First however you'll need to create a recovery disk/USB. On start up the driver verifier stresses each driver in turn to see if it bsod. This can lead to a bsod loop at start up which is why you need the recovery disk/usb. You can use that to boot into safe mode and turn the verifier off. Hopefully the culprit will have been caught in the dump file.

Please post any new dump files.

Sorry for the wait, I've been at work.

Ok! So I deleted the left over driver from Daemon Tools even though I thought I had uninstalled it a few days ago. I updated the drivers that could be updated although my gigabit ethernet driver refuses to update to the 2014 version. Every time I look at its properties it still says 2013. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice and isn't changed. The Cam Client was actually a software dedicated to my NZXT Hue plus, an LED lighting thingy in my case. I uninstalled it. Google chrome is up to date but some pages are still crashing. Ran sfc /scannow and it says that it found corrupted drivers and fixed them. After uninstalling/updating everything it still BSOD'd. I am running driver verifier and have been all day and it hasn't BSOD'd yet. (Ain't that some ish?!) After I get driver verifier to BSOD, I'll run another memtest for 12 hours.

Attachments

• W7F_21-02-2016.zip
    674.8 KB · Views: 413
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {ffffc00076296db8, 0, fffff800bf35551f, 2}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : NTFS.sys ( NTFS!NtfsFindPrefixHashEntry+20f )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above bugcheck 50 is blaming the NTFS system so try running a chkdsk to make sure all is ok. Whichever method you use in the guide please make sure you search for and repair broken sectors (This is also fine for SSD's):
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10
I just noticed it's an SSD, please ensure it's fully updated firmware wise:
Premier SP550 Solid State Drive_Download_Solid State Drives_ADATA Technology
Also are you running in AHCI or SATA? If it's SATA pop into the bios and change it over.

I checked out the ethernet driver and it does seem that version is the same as your original driver, hence the same dates. Try installing it in compatibility mode.

The fact that the verifier still hasn't caused a BSOD could be that it is perhaps a hardware issue. If after 24hrs nothing has occurred, turn off the verifier and try checking the RAM asap. Make sure your settings are correct in the bios and if need be try setting the bios to recommended defaults.

If Memtest still fails to find anything after 12hrs then try my suggestion re running on one stick at a time. You could also try running in different slots.

Post any new dump files.

Last edited:
Alrighty, I'm pretty sure that it's the ram, even though I ran memtest for 12 hours with 0 ERRORS I did get the chance to put my brothers ram into my motherboard and my pc ran smoothly the entire day. No hiccups whatsoever. Swapped it out for my ram and I had an immediate BSOD and programs and games are crashing. For future reference and for others with the same problem, I am using PNY Anarchy 8gb 1866mhz DDR3 ram. I did some research and noticed an amazon review where someone else was getting constant BSODs as well. Something about the heat spreader on the ram being too low and covering parts of the ram that needs to be read by the DIMM slots. So, I'll buy new ram tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks.

Good idea with using your bro's RAM. Well we did suspect it could be the RAM and it seems your test has confirmed it. I hope all goes well with the new hardware but any issues pop back.. :)

Back
Top Bottom