Windows Vista BT I-Plate

superbill

Did you know the telephone extension wiring in your house can pick up all sorts of electrical noise and interference from TV's, lights and other everyday electrical equipment? This interference can affect your broadband signal resulting in a slower broadband speed.
I was curious about this product that was claiming to help stop any interference affecting the broadband signal and can boost line speeds - typically by 1.5Mbps. However any change will vary from house to house and can't be guaranteed. Also the telephone socket must be a BT Master socket that is displayed on the BT Shop site. You can see it here:

BT Shop - BT I-Plate (048280)

Well, curiosity got the better of me and I sent away for one and while it is early days, I noticed an immediate increase in download speed using speedtest.net before and after installation. Well worth having a look at!!!!!!!!!!

Hi--- Maybe, I only get 100 mpbs. DSL Extreme says I should get speeds up to 1500 kbps. You tell me, is that good? The phone wiring may be old- I don't know. Does this go into the wall ? Not familiar with the assembly..

Cheers superbill, will check it out....

Hmm....1500kbps I think we get 3500kbps (well I do) which is about the average depending on how close to the exchange you are..
I'm not sure really Celestra.. Why not try googling for an American average (here's one link I found)

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070529-survey-average-broadband-speed-in-us-is-1-9mbps.html

Did you know the telephone extension wiring in your house can pick up all sorts of electrical noise and interference from TV's, lights and other everyday electrical equipment? This interference can affect your broadband signal resulting in a slower broadband speed.
I was curious about this product that was claiming to help stop any interference affecting the broadband signal and can boost line speeds - typically by 1.5Mbps. However any change will vary from house to house and can't be guaranteed. Also the telephone socket must be a BT Master socket that is displayed on the BT Shop site. You can see it here:

BT Shop - BT I-Plate (048280)

Well, curiosity got the better of me and I sent away for one and while it is early days, I noticed an immediate increase in download speed using speedtest.net before and after installation. Well worth having a look at!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom