Windows 7 BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

No danger. Just make sure you don't lose power for the 5-10 critical seconds while doing so. Turn off other devices in your home that are on the same power line, if you ever have any circuit breaker issues.

Try the other ACPI setting first. If no good, then set it back and continue with the bios update.

changed APCI

S3(STR) (default) to S1(POS), rebooted with card in, dump file attached. then changed APCI back to original setting.

unsure how to tackle the BIOS update.

Attachments

• 111910-22620-02.zip
    35.2 KB · Views: 269
unsure how to tackle the BIOS update.

It's a .exe file you simply run and it does it. Or maybe it extracts to a folder and then there will be simply instructions included. Just be glad you don't have to boot to dos mode to do so, as that has been the standard up until a few years ago when things changed to have Windows installers. :)

i have no DVD drive

its in the device manager but has an exclamation mark over it.

i've just put my motherboard disc in the drive but drive is not showing in 'My Computer'

That's easily fixed with this (it was needed, because you had to remove that old 2003 PX driver that caused it):

1. Click Start

VistaStartButton.jpg

, and then click All Programs.
  2. Click Accessories, and then click Run.
  3. Type regedit, and then click OK.

SecurityShield.jpg

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
  4. In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
  5. In the right pane, click UpperFilters.
  6. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
  7. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  8. In the right pane, click LowerFilters.
  9. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
  10. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  11. Exit Registry Editor.
  12. Restart the computer.

--------

Run this to update bios:

ftp://download.gigabyte.ru/bios/motherboard_bios_ga-p55-ud3_f9.exe

well BIOS seems to have flashed without incident, and i have the DVD drive back after following you guide above.

whats next

well dude, you can go to bed now if you want, because i am.

i put the card in, got the box up again listing which drivers were trying to install. the tv card was 1 of them , it had a red cross beside it.

so i re-installed the latest drivers for it ..........rebooted and there it was in device manager sitting pretty like all the other devices

i have no sound at all, but i'll check that out tomorrow. later today perhaps.

thanks for all your help. i really dont know were i would be without your assistance. it's very much appreciated.

i'll let you know how that sound turns out.

cheers, i'm off to bed, 3:15 am here.

well after some sleep, i played around with the 'default devices' and eventually got the audio working. i could see the audio levels moving with the spoken word on the tv so i knew it was active, just not coming through the proper device. but all good now.

once again thanks for your help last night, i couldnt have done it without you for sure.

cheers

You're welcome. Glad to hear that things are well....yep...check your audio settings by right clicking the speaker icon in the system notification area near the clock and in the software you're using too.

Back