Windows 10 Build conference

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft's Build conference is due to start in around 20mins. ( 8.30am PT or Pacific Time) Watch the event via the links below as we should have some important announcements:

1. [*]Watch Live — April 29 - May 1 on Channel 9
    GO →
    [*]Session Listing — Browse the sessions and build your own schedule
    GO →
    [*]Session Recordings — Available 24-48 hours after each session concludes
    GO →
    [*]Session Evaluations — Attended or watched a session? Tell us what you thought about it
    GO →
    [*]Build Tour — Coming to 23 cities worldwide

1. Direct link to the conference:

1. http://channel9.msdn.com/?wt.mc_id=build_hp

I just noticed the advertised times for the presentations have switched to my local time. I wonder is that is because I am allowing the use of my Location.

There are a couple of presentations I might be interested in, but today the presentations don't seemed to be aimed at the normal user... ;)

Edit: I also notice, when you are watching the presentation, you cannot see the large screens on both sides of the stage which show information relating to the presentation. Those screens should be available along with the primary video, but I assume they are not available?

Last edited:
There has been some really good stuff in the last hour. Cortana, Spartan, the Hologram stuff....

Oh, also noticed they are using Build 10072 for the demonstrations.

Oh, also noticed they are using Build 10072 for the demonstrations.
That depends on the particular presentation and which machine they were using during the presentation.
A screen grab of one of the demos shows what appears to be 10105 although it is a bit difficult to read

Attachments

• Build10105).png
    Build10105).png
    3.3 MB · Views: 394
Looks like a 7d127 to me. That is only part of a long number which doesn't look like build numbers. Maybe at the front you can see Build 10105.. so you are probably right. If someone was doing a presentation, he may have not upgraded just before it was to be given, so perhaps the Hollow Lens one was using an earlier build. That was really interesting.

Did you see the part where they brought the Hollow glases into room and everyone started cheering? When the speaker mentioned they were to be used just during the conference, it got really quiet.. ;) Too bad this type of technology won't be available to normal users during my lifetime. I wonder how much a pair of Hollow Lenses goes for..?

Build 10074 just showed up on the Update page..

It is very hard to read as it is a pretty bad screen grab but if you open it in PaintDotNet and use the magnifier you can almost see it.
10105 would be the latest build that I've heard of.
AND.... doing the update thing as we speak, thanks for the heads up Clark.

Attachments

• Difficult to read.png
    Difficult to read.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 312
Did you catch the part of the presentation where they were discussing SSAR or whatever it is called. They were addressing the developers and showed them an App, even after being closed, was able to put a notice on the desktop for a new product or opportunity. In other words, advertising when the App was off. That is one of the ways I felt they would be able to take advantage of the Windows 8/8.1/10 to monetize the OS.

It also appears I am starting to see some Apps, even after being shutdown with the x are still sitting in Task Manager in a Suspended state.... Time will tell, I suppose.

It also appears I am starting to see some Apps, even after being shutdown with the x are still sitting in Task Manager in a Suspended state.... Time will tell, I suppose

Ominous of windows 8.1 where you have to drag the app to the bottom and hold it till it closes. Will that work for 10?

I don't think you can drag the window to the bottom like that and I am pretty sure it won't rotate. What I am seeing might just be some type of anomaly and will be fixed in the final build. But the statement at the conference would seem to confirm the process.

These are things we will have to probably get used to after switching to Windows 10. Hopefully it won't be a intrusive as I am imagining.

Sorry, I did not see the first response show up, but a Blue Screen wiped that out. Just changing from the Build Conference presentation back to the tab for this forum caused a DPC Watchdog error. Windows 10 does not seem to like SLI.

Edit: Well, second Blue Screen so I have turned SLI off again...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom