Burning DVD ISO's causes random reboot

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem.

I've attempted 4 different ISO's three times each using Windows 7's native ISO burner and each time, burning the image casues my computer to randomly shut off.

I have Linux, Hackintosh and Windows XP all available to me on this PC on differnet startup drives and I can assure you the burner works correctly.

Please note that I don't have this problem doing anything else (including gaming, which for a beta/RC; is extremely impressive) so why get these issues with such a mundane task? LOL

I am attempting to download Nero at this point and try using that to burn the ISO and see if I get the same problem but am wondering if anyone has any ideas on what this might be.

I turned off "auto reboot" when the system crashes but I'm not getting a blue screen; the computer is simply going into some odd non-usable state and I have to hit reset to bring it back to life.

reghakr

Essential Member
`Try The Official ImgBurn Website

Make sure you burn at the slowest sped possible (1x) and use a good quiality name brand DVD

same problem

Hi,

i've read your problem and i've got the same one allthough i 'don't know how to fix it i've tried everything even slowing down to 1x speed but windows 7 keeps restarting itself everytime.
the burning program get's to about 10 percent and then the screen goes black en the pc restarts.

so i hoped to find an answer here cause i looked al over the internet and there's nothing to be found to suggest a possible solutions.

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Any chance there is a heat problem? If you can you might try opening the case and maybe even use an external fan.

Do you see any error or warning messages in the event viewer?

heat problem

no i don't think it's a heat problem because the drive worked fine when i was using winxp-pro i've installed a new firmware and now it burns cd's again but still no dvd's.

the following is what i get to see when my computer has restarted itself

Probleemhandtekening:
Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: BlueScreen
Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Landinstelling-id: 1043
Aanvullende informatie over dit probleem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 85574510
BCP2: 92AC31A0
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Bestanden die helpen bij het beschrijven van het probleem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\110209-22900-01.dmp
C:\Users\roel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-31995-0.sysdata.xml
Lees de onlineprivacyverklaring:
Windows 7 Privacy Highlights - Microsoft Windows

now i have no clue what it mean's but i hope it's helpfull

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.