Windows Vista button issues???

jaytime

Two days ago I started having some issues, I will try and explain as clearly as I can. First, when I click on EI or any browser, many times it brings up EI twice, in other words two windows of IE(I have taps turned off). when I try and click on the top of a window to move it on the screen, it maximizes(not every time, but about one in every three times) when I try and highlight something to copy and paste, sometimes it works but most of the time it does crazy stuff like deleting the text I am trying to chighlight or only highlighting part of it. For my work, I reply to a lot of Emails and I usually put several in their own window and then answer them xing out of them as i reply to them, now every third or so email I try and pull up in it's own window, does not open in a new window but opens in the existing window.

This started happening about two days ago, I can't remember downloading anything except a windows update. I used two different virus scans and did not find any. I even went as far as to start fresh and re install windows vista and started with a fresh version and it is still doing these things...it seems to be centered around my mouse buttons...any ideas? Please help

New info...when I refresh the page it seems to work properly for a very short time then does the same things...

Hmm....Strange one...

Have you tried re-installing mouse drivers?

I wonder if I should just go buy a new mouse. To be honest, i'm not sure what the last update from microsoft was, i have my computer set to automatically get new updates as available.

I set mine to download but let me choose whether to install them or not..

Hi! You can find your installed updates in "Windows Update" In "All Programs" it should be listed somewhere. When you get into Windows Update click on "Installed Updates" Write down all the recently installed updates (usually several). You can look them up on the Internet. It's possible to get an update that bothers your mouse. Windows may carry your mouse driver update. sometimes updates to your mouse are optional- Windows won't auto install. I'm not sure, I think they only update the Synaptic Pointing Device. It's good to have that updated too. You can contact your "Mouse" manufacturer for a new driver if necessary. -You might try another mouse, or another type mouse if all else fails- ...There is also a Registry Edit.

Back