Windows 7 Bypass User Account Control

shipscook

I use a backkup program in which I have setup a schedule to start every 7 days or at startup if not done.
The problem is it does not work if the computer is unatended due to the User Account Control poping up to ask if you want to allow the program to make changes.
Is there any way this can be setup to allow certain programs to operate and bypass this dialog box?

Thanks
Jack

Never tried it, but this will probably do it.
Right click the program .exe that you are trying to run in the scheduler. Select the compatibility tab. Bottom right is an option "Run this program as an Administrator". Tick it and "OK" the window. FRom then on the program will always run as Administrator.

right click the executable for the program go down to propeties click it then hit the compatabilty tab and check mark run as administrator and it ok restart the application see if that works

Never tried it, but this will probably do it.
Right click the program .exe that you are trying to run in the scheduler. Select the compatibility tab. Bottom right is an option "Run this program as an Administrator". Tick it and "OK" the window. FRom then on the program will always run as Administrator.

LOL you beat me too it

Thanks for the replies but no success.
Right clicked the exe file>Properties>checkmarded the Run as Admin box and rebooted.
Set a startup time for 11am but it did not.
Even if I double click the exe file the User Account box comes up first.

jack

I would appreciate feedback if that works. I might have got something wrong, but I just experimented. I normally have the UAC turned off, which solves the problem, but for this I wound it up again. No luck.

I have chickened out and turned UAC off.
When I have a bit more time I will try kemical,s google link out.

Thanks
jack

Back