C++ runtime

i am using windows 7 and i am trying to setup a program but it is asking me to install visual c++ runtime i think i got the right one but it doesn't work can anyone help me out on this thanks

reghakr

Essential Member
It should be included in Windows 7.

What is the exact error message you receive?

What program is it that you're trying to install?

visual C++ runtime must be installed before running dragon naturally speaking installation please run setup.exe from the installation source

the program i am trying to install is dragon naturally speaking 10

reghakr

Essential Member
I tried looking for a trial download, but was unsuccessful.

I did find this on their site:

Have the minimum computer specifications changed for Version 10?

No: the minimum requirements are still 1 gHz, and for RAM, 512 MB on Windows 2000 and XP and 1 GB on Windows Vista. L2 cache size makes a bigger difference in version 10; we recommend 1 MB for the L2 cache.
  • IMPORTANT NOTE: Unlike previous versions of Dragon, version 10 requires the SSE2 instruction set for Pentium and AMD processors.
  • The following website includes information on SSE2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2
  • Determine if a computer supports SSE2: There are various utilities available to determine if a computer's processor supports SSE2. The following CPU-Z utility is available for free and is updated regularly: http://cpuid.com/cpuz.php
  • When running the CPU-Z utility, you should see SSE2 listed in the "Instructions" on the "CPU" tab; if it is not listed, then unfortunately the processor does not support SSE2.
Truthfully, I'd email them and see if Windows 7 is supported.
I looked at Microsoft's site and the C++ runtime states:

System Requirements

• Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Vista; Windows XP

Last edited by a moderator:
i use to run it on windows xp with on problem on the pc i am using can you tell me where i can d/l c++ just to see if that help out any

that was the one what i did download but still no luck

reghakr

Essential Member
Sorry, can't help, that's the latest package.

Like I said, shoot them off an email.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.