Windows 10 calendars

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Windows 10 using Chrome's calendar does not sync with either the Galaxy S5's stock calendar or with the Google calendar.
However, both phone calendars sync.

Chrome doesn't have a calendar unless you're referring to an add-on or a website that has a calendar. The stock phone calendar isn't a networked resource but if you have your phone linked to a google account it can pull in that calendar.

I only have one Gmail account.
I think the choice of calendars is the culprit and I found it easier to work with the previous android upgrade, not marshmallow, to choose the right one.
On the c I click Chrome then click the dots in a square upper right, I then choose Google calendar.
I then go to my phone and click on the Google calendar. I sign in to both but although the stock and google on the phone sync, the PC does not.
I am unsure as to how to "pull in" the calendar.

That's the operating system. Was software are you using to access email/calendar?

My desktop email client is Windows Mail. That is what I meant by Windows 10.
I tried the others but this does the job. I disliked Thunderbird although it is most likely to do many Google things.
I cannot figure my calendars out like I could on the phones previous Lollipop.
I have names like my gmail address -2 of them and my name.

What version of Windows 10.
  • Windows key + r
  • winver
I believe you need to be on the Creators build for gmail to work in Windows Mail

ver 1703 build 150063.632 all updated

I think this is the latest Windows 10 pro Creator
upgrade.

I sign in to gmail then open the calendar all after opening Chrome.
Because of my build, is this the reason I cannot sync desktop and phone?

I just left a site where MS Edge will not work but only Chrome.

It is frustrating with no continuity.

Thank you or that encouraging link. I sure wish I knew it a long time ago.
So this fall I may be able to accomplish my task?

I just thought I would let you know that the Google Calendar does not react even on a Chromebook within a secure network which indicates there is a problem besides the Creator update I am now on an Android phone and an Android Chromebook yet the phones calendar does not sync with the Chromebook calendar

It syncs between the Google calendar app (android) and Google calendar plug-in in Chrome for me almost instantly. Are you sure you don't have multiple accounts configured on your phone? I have more than 1 and it's easy to post to the wrong one.

I only have one gmail account.
What is the plug in for my desktop for Chrome? My Chromebook cannot sync with the phone either so maybe they both need a plug in??

Back
Top Bottom