Windows 7 Call of Duty 5 & Mirror's Edge not installing

Colossus

Call of Duty 5 still gives a 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic Failure error. In Mirror's Edge, neither the Setup nor Autorun runs. I doubleclick them, but nothing happens. Tried compatibility in Vista, still didn't work. Any suggestions? :frown:

Did that too. Compatibility not making a difference... Any other ideas?
Oh, n system specs-:
Intel 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM
Nvidia 9500GT, 1 GB VRAM
Win 7 32-bit

Just do this:
1.Click the Start button Link Removed - Invalid URL, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
2.Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. Link Removed - Invalid URL In the User Account Control window, verify that Program name is Windows Command Processor, and then click Yes.
3.In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type or paste the following text at the prompt: reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\Disabled Sessions /va /f

4.Press Enter to install the solution.
5.If The operation completed successfully displays, close the Administrator: Command Prompt window to complete this procedure.

This is the official Microsoft solution for non-working installers.

Question: Where be User Accounts Control window? Can you please expand on your 2nd step? Coz I followed your procedure, except that step. And when I typed out the reg delete step, it gave me an error that went: Type "REG DELETE \?" or some such. So still confused :/

Hi Sonic, after down what you have told, type: reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\Disabled Sessions /va /f, it's shows Error: Invalid syntax, TYPE : REG DELETE /? for useage

Is there anything I type wrong? Tks

BTW, my system is:
Core 2 Dual E2140
MSI P945 MB
2G memory
8600GT Display card

Last edited:
i had problems with mirror's edge too, ,
sounds from cut scene before main menu and 2D cut scenes after completed a chapter disappeared, ,
how to fix it?

Back