Windows 7 Can i Burn Windows 7 in CD-R?

so it will be 2 CD.... if im gonna install it do it have any error occurs when installing it?

Yes it will be fine, I have been using Memorex 52x 700MB 80min CD-R, & have no problems.

lastly can i also burn vista ultimate to CD-R also?

thank you very much sir

No No No, My Bad man, you gotta use a DVD for windows 7 and vista.....
Edit:
I was sitting there looking my stacks, I have so many operating systems burned, linux cd's and dvd's, windows xp cds and dvd's, and then Windows 7 RC DVD and W7 RTM DVD.

Sorry About That....

Last edited:
ooohhhhh i need DVD-R right to burn windows 7 and vista right my bad ill gonna buy DVD-R first

Glad you guys got that straightened out, I was gonna jump in there because I was near certain that CDs would not work. Must use DVD.

I, like epk, have not used DVD-R or DVD-RW, but I think either would work. I have only used DVD+R. It is my understanding that CDs will not work.

Kupalski, is your optical drive a DVD burner? Make sure it will write to a DVD before you go out and buy the necessary disc. Typically, if a drive is actually labeled "DVD ROM" it will only read a DVD. It should say "DVD recorder" or "DVD-RW" somewhere on the front.

Last edited:
thanks john for the info heres my dvd rom

8X CD / DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)

thanks john for the info heres my dvd rom

8X CD / DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)

Good deal, you're ready to burn DVDs. Being very technical, that is not commonly called a DVD ROM (ROM indicates "Read Only Memory"). Yours has write capacity and therefore is a DVD Writer, or DVD-RW Drive.

Back
Top Bottom