Can I delete these?

I have a folder on my hard drive the is called Dell and inside of the folder there is another called Drivers and inside that folder there are 14 files that start with R followed by 6 numbers which were placed them from the Dell website to update some drivers on my computer and I was wondering if I can delete these or do I need to leave them?

Bump I still need this answered.

Come on people I need this answered!

Elmer

Extraordinary Member
Safest way: Put the folder in a .zip. Delete the original folder. If nothing "breaks" within a couple of weeks, delete the zip folder.

It's hard to give a solid yes or no answer. Every PC set up is as different as the person who taps the keyboard.

You may delete them if you wish to. They're probably not the latest versions anyway.

If you're worried about them taking up space on the drive, then put them on a flash drive or external hard drive. Then delete them.

Safest way: Put the folder in a .zip. Delete the original folder. If nothing "breaks" within a couple of weeks, delete the zip folder.

It's hard to give a solid yes or no answer. Every PC set up is as different as the person who taps the keyboard.
I did what you suggested and put them in a .zip file and I will keep them a couple of weeks to see if anything breaks and if nothing breaks I'll delete the .zip file.

Nibiru2010:
They are the latest versions and I think those are just the install files to actually install the files, but I did what Elmer suggested.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.