Windows 7 Can no longer connect to the internet.

darkedone02

My father is having problems connecting to the internet after we did a complete restart, we don't know what is causing the problem but every time we try to connect to the internet, we got this "connect to broadband connection (PPPOEE)". Which ain't suppose to pop up, we got insightbb as our internet provider and when go online, it does not require us to sign in.

It does this when we try to play online games or connect to the internet... Device Manager has detected 3 network drivers: Hamachi network adapter, Realtec PCIe GBE Family Controller, and Realtec PCIe GBE Family Controller #2. This seem to happen after we restart the computer after installing the 9.10 Windows 7 64-bit ATI Radeon HD4890 series video driver, the suite package.

We tried rebooting our netgear router and our internet connection but it still will not detect it... It still pops up that "connect to broadband connecton (PPPOE)", when we try to find our router, or set one up, we got two options, "connect to broadband (PPPOE)" and "Connect to Dail-up"... there is no option for "Connect to Wireless router or access point" and "connect to workplace"

Have you tied directly connecting the modem and bypassing the router?

Did you upgrade or do a clean install? There are options in the network settings that can turn off the internet connection... maybe they worked under vista but turn off Win 7. I have seen posts that explained the steps but I didn't take notes.

Click Start and type Lan and try Identify and repair problems
Also compare the network settings with the system that is working.. I see I have DHCP enabled... whatever that is... maybe something like that is turned off on the computer that's not connecting

He did a upgrade, he got a free upgrade from Ibuypower.com after he has purchased his brand new computer from there, so he got a free coupon for Windows 7.

He try to do anything just to get his internet to work. He said that after we installed the video driver and one of the next series of updates from microsoft, his internet won't come on after that. His ethernet card is attached to his motherboard and he is just tried everything trying to get it work... He called our Insight Provider, called Microsoft, and now has to call Ibuypower.com and hopefully they will solve his internet problem.

You will probably eventually have to backup and do a clean install. I did a test upgrade from Vista and I ended up with 32 drivers out of date and over 1,000 duplicate files.. many people have reported here that they had to do a clean install to resolve problems.

That might be a problem because I don't remember if my father got the disk for Windows Vista 64 bit home premium or not... I don't know if he got the disk for it when they shipped his computer from here...

That might be a problem because I don't remember if my father got the disk for Windows Vista 64 bit home premium or not... I don't know if he got the disk for it when they shipped his computer from here...

I read that Microsoft has links to download Window 7 now.. I should have took notes.

Even if you find it at Microsoft or on torrents you'll need a valid keycode to make it run past 4 months.

I read that Microsoft has links to download Window 7 now.. I should have took notes.

Even if you find it at Microsoft or on torrents you'll need a valid keycode to make it run past 4 months.

Ok... I found the links and will put them in my blog.

Back