Can not burn/format CD-R!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help and Support' started by imported_JerryK, Feb 10, 2007.

1. imported_JerryK

imported_JerryK New Member

:confused: Hello, I've have been trying to backup my pictures to a CD-R using Vista. But when I put a blank HP CD-R in my BENQ DVD Dual DW1610 burner, nothing happens. I DO NOT get to the format screen. Any ideas?

Jerry

2. Vista Sucks!
    I Have Same Problem

3. hmmm

i am also having this same problem.. i am gonna go crazy, i went and bought a new drive and find out it isnt the drive its vista.. if anyone can help me please email Lisaone@gmail.com

4. mcbnyc@hotmail.com

having the same problem....

does anyone have an answer? :confused:

5. Davidjgray45

Davidjgray45 New Member

Re: having the same problem....

Good Afternoon,

I also have been having the same problems. I recently changed from XP to Vista Ultimate, one of the first things I tried was burning to a DVD, I managed to do this successfully. I tried again recently and found that I was not able to burn to DVD or CD.
    Investigating several sites I found one report of this as a side effect of JMB36X controller ( an installation I made when trying to bring all drivers up to date). I removed LMB36X using program uninstall, restarted my computer, checked auto play was set correctly put in a blamk CD and everything worked as it should.

Hope this may be of help.

6. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

If you got to the folder which holds the items you want to burn, highlight the item or items and then click burn. This is assuming you've placed a DVD/CD in the drive. You will then see a dialogue box asking how you want to format or burn the material. If your using a DVD you can format the DVD so it works like a USB stick. The other option is to just burn the item to disk which is better for for CDs. Hope this helps.