Can using Mozilla hinder updates??

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help and Support' started by MTHall51, Apr 8, 2008.

1. MTHall51

MTHall51 New Member

I can't seem to install ANY update to Vista. It appears to start downloading them but nothing at all happens -- not even an error code. Could it be that it will only install with IE and not Mozilla as browser?

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Hi, I answered your other post about the error code. The answer included a web link to a page that discusses problems with 'download managers' and updates. Maybe you have one running? I'm sure running Mozilla should be ok but will check this out further anyway..

3. superbill

superbill New Member

Hi MTHall 51

Although you are using Mozilla Firefox as your default browser, it is better to keep Internet Explorer enabled for any Windows Updates.
    You can download any updates by using Firefox , if you search for the Microsoft Download Centre , "browse for downloads", "windows security & updates" etc.
    I would not recommend this method as you have to search for the updates that are not in any date order.
    Try using IE and see what happens!!!!!!!!

4. MTHall51

MTHall51 New Member

Thank you everyone. I am hoping to be up to speed soon and be able to start helping other people with their questions too.

5. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Hi MTHall51,

glad to have you here and welcome aboard..:D