Windows 7 can you install windows 7 with ide dvd drive

Bilal

Hi I have windows 7 home prenium oem but I cant install it, nothing happen when I boot on dvd, I tryed on another dvd ide and didnt work either, I looked if I could see windows 7 files in windows xp explorer but It seem to not be able to read the dvd, I tryed to read others DVD and CD and all work fine. I even tryed another windows 7 DVD and same result, also the DVD drive make weird noise as if it has trouble to read it, like you know when you put the dvd in wrong side (no I didnt :tongue:),I tryed updating my DVD drive firmware but is up to date.

DVD DRIVE: PHILIPS SPD2414T (IDE DRIVE SET ON MASTER)
CPU: Intel Pentium E5200 @ 2.50GHz
Memory: 2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 400MHz 5-5-5-18
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. EP41-UD3L (Socket 775)
HDD: 244.20GB Seagate ST3250310AS (SATA)

Any help apreciated thank you

You seem to have a bad DVD. Can you return it to the shop for replacement?

Hello, infortunatly I cant because boxes have been opened, thats why I hope its hardware problem, but I doubt its from the DVD cause I have 2 windows 7 DVD and both has the same trouble, I thought about buying a sata DVD drive, but im getting pissed to throw money I can't even get back without being sure it will work, specialy when the discs does that to 2 DVD drive wich run others DVD fine. But one is kinda old and the other make freaking noise, so I wonder...

Perhaps something to consider.

This information is probably not applicable to your problem........but. First, there are several DVD drives that are not compatible with Windows 7. I have seen a listing of known compatible and known incompatible drives but I cannot locate the website at the moment. Are both drives that you have used the same model number? They may both be incompatible.

Second item. I have no problem using one IDE DVD drive or one SATA drive on my Windows 7 computer, but when trying to use two IDE DVD drives, Windows 7 will read only the one that is in the Master position. I spent several hours trying different jumper settings, different IDE cable ribbons, and different positions of the two DVD drives (end of the ribbon vs middle of the ribbon) that I was trying to install. The result was that it appears that Windows 7 simply will not recognize two IDE DVD drives. I finally had to install one IDE DVD drive and one SATA DVD drive to get two drives to work. (Appears to be just one more of the numerous bugs that remain in Windows 7) Do some online scouting and see if you can't come up with a listing of known incompatible drives and see if yours might not be on that list. Perhaps someone here will be able to offer a link to the site.

Good Luck to you. John

Back
Top Bottom