Windows 7 Cannot connect Win7 Ultimate to XP network

pmh924

I understand this question has been asked and answered hundreds of times but i still need help.

I have 3 machines running XP and one desktop running windows 7. I have had the Win7 machine over a year and have hardly used it due to not being able to see the xp machines.

The win7 machine was initally running home premium and i was told by a number of people that home premium would not being able to connect to XP machines and i would need to upgrade to proffesional or higher. I reluctantly purchased an upgrade to Ultimate but am still have the same problem.

One of the XP machines is used as a storage centre for media, files etc and also has printers and scanners connected to it. all of the xp machines can access drives and use printers and scanners but win 7 machine won't even acknowledge they are there.

I need simple plain english solution as i have found myself struggling to understand some of the other solutions i have found on the web.

Please help someone or i think the win 7 machine will end up on Ebay!!!

The Home Premium WILL be able to connect to other XP computers on network. You need to use Workgroup and make sure the name is the same on all machines.
Joe.

Back