Windows 10 Cannot copy/paste

mike21

Honorable Member
I can no longer copy/paste from one document to another existing or new file (both Word and Notepad) - paste does not appear on the right click menu, nor does Ctrl V work; I can however copy/paste a picture. Apparently the text gets as far as the clipboard as I get a message asking if I want to delete it. Strangely I have been able to save this message by copy/pasting into Word.

I can no longer copy/paste from one document to another existing or new file (both Word and Notepad) - paste does not appear on the right click menu, nor does Ctrl V work; I can however copy/paste a picture. Apparently the text gets as far as the clipboard as I get a message asking if I want to delete it. Strangely I have been able to save this message by copy/pasting into Word.

This usually happens when trying to copy without selecting first what needs to be copied.

I always go ctrl A then ctrl C but It did not work. I have just re-booted the computer and it works perfectly again. I have no idea what was the cause of the problem. Hope it does not happen again.

Here are 8 fixes that have helped many Windows users get their copy-paste working again.
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find one that works for you.
>Close any video players
>Close any open applications
>Clear your clipboard
>Run System File Checker
>Update your device drivers
>Delete any corrupted zones from your Windows Registry
>Check for viruses and malware
>Undo recent system changes with System Restore

Here are 8 fixes that have helped many Windows users get their copy-paste working again.
You don’t have to try them all; just work your way down the list until you find one that works for you.
>Close any video players
>Close any open applications
>Clear your clipboard
>Run System File Checker
>Update your device drivers
>Delete any corrupted zones from your Windows Registry
>Check for viruses and malware
>Undo recent system changes with System Restore

Thank you both. I don't have adobe reader installed, so it was not that. I have copied the list of possible fixes in case it happens again.

Try checking your keyboard and mouse settings from the settings because it happens sometimes when we update or do some changes from our PC settings, some settings get changed and due to this our functions doesn't work properly. If still not working then try to reinstall the latest full windows and your problem will definitely be solved.

Back