Windows 7 Cannot log in... At all.

Andrewisawesome

I've just been experiencing frequent BSODs due to an error with ntoskrnl.exe, so I decided to use the dell data safe restore I believe it's called, and now I cannot log in. It deleted my normal login, I'm 100% sure as I even went back to the restore screen and in the login promt that instructs you to select an admin account, my login was not there. I have also tried to login with the default admin account, and I have that disabled. I cannot go into safe mode either, as my computer thinks that this is it's "first boot", it doesn't allow it and will just restart the computer. I'm pretty confident that any password recovery software won't help, as there is no account to log into. I do not own a windows seven restore disk, and burning something to a CD is out of the question. Any suggestions?
I'm pretty sure that this won't help, but just in case, I have a dell inspiron 15r with 6 gigs of ram and a quad core third gen intel i5 processor. It is a 2012 model and uses integrated gtaphics.
I'm honestly geting sick of all of the problems that my computer is having.
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

If you press ctrl + F11 during startup it should take you into system recovery which will enable you to run a full system recovery. But: this will take your system back to factory settings removing all data, settings, updates and installed aps from your system. If this will be a serious problem then you need to take measures to extract any data files before running the recovery.

I have an idea that if maybe I restore my computer to a previous safe point would that work?
If it restores all system settings and programs then would that not include my account?

Try the restore point. Restoring your computer shouldn't delete your files, but try to restore it to the most recent. If you have to completely wipe your computer, you would have to connect your pc's hard drive into another computer or laptop by purchasing some sort of external hard drive casing or adapter. BUTTTTT if you deleted your user account you might not have any files unless you told it to keep a backup of your files before removing user account.
Try restore which is probably your best bet and give us some logs if you can or download a program called bluescreenviewer from this website. Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files. - official site or you can always go to BlueScreenView - CNET Download.com.
Download.cnet.com or download.com are sites I've been to. It's the same site.
Good luck.

I used to have that program, but for some reason it dissappeared from my computer. I also used the dell detasafe factory restore, which keeps all of your personal files, but also does a factory install of windows.
I already posted my mini dump files on a different thread so I will try to post them to this thread too. I'll try to restore using a restore point tonight.

Here is a link to the post that I had put my minidump files on-http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/88048-ntoskrnl-exe-causing-crashes.html
I already know that it was ntoskrnl.exe that was causing the crashes, but what I don't know is what was causing it to malfunction and cause a BSOD.

Last edited:
If the system cannot even start in either normal or safe mode then many approaches, like system restore are not an option. Subject to securing any essetial user data first, I'd be cosidering attempting the full recovery I suggested.

also, if this makes a difference, whenever I start my computer, it always thinks that it is it's first boot(black screen for like 5 minutes saying "preparing for first boot). And I did try holding control and f8 during boot and it just beeped at max volume and booted normally.

Sorry if I sound naughty, but since you mention your earlier computer in http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/88048-ntoskrnl-exe-causing-crashes-2.html post#12, I would be bound to suspect attendance to suspicious site. Not very far to go, to presume that what killed your previous computer, is about to kill your present one? Is it?

I've been attacked by hackers twice, and they came through a friendly and highly appreciated site. Can but think that you should pay some attention here? Otherwise your next computer will go down too.

Actually... this is sort of embarrassing, but at the time I had no idea what on earth I was doing, and my computer kept on saying something about an error with shell32.dll , so I kind of deleted it... as for the virus on my computer, I'm pretty sure that it's gone after I did a fresh install of windows 8. I'll make sure to check what I'm downloading BEFORE it is too late.

No need to be embarrassed, preparedness to admit ones mistakes is actually a step towards maturity and wisdom. You could take a look at How To Fix Shell32.dll is Missing or Not Found Errors, but I'm a bit surprised that you haven't got any reports about shell32.dll problems.

As for the possible virus issue, a fresh installation of Windows doesn't necessarily cure it. The potential bug is in the disk, and will only be efficiently removed by total overwriting = zero formatting the drive. The baddies are very persistent, like weed in a field: sowing new seed won't kill the unwanted.

Back