Cannot see any wireless networks

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Networking' started by razzendahcuben, Oct 10, 2012.

1. razzendahcuben

razzendahcuben New Member

Oct 10, 2012
    I've had my Dell M6500 with Windows 7 for 1.5 years now. My network adapter drivers are all up to date. I've never had any issue connecting to all kinds of wireless---airports, coffee shops, home, etc. The past weekend I was out of town and connected to the wifi at a McDonald's, no problems. When I arrived back home, my wireless connections list contained nothing but a Verizon mobile broadband connection. I have never used mobile broadband. Attached is a video of what I see.

Other various related details:
    -When I troubleshoot, I am told to activate my mobile broadband connection.
    -I have tried doing a system restore to a point well before my visit to McDonald's. No luck.
    -I am not able to return to that McDonald's and try to reconnect to their wifi to see if still works.
    -I have not tried connecting to another wifi network besides the one in my house since the McDonald's visit.
    -I am still able to connect to the internet using an ethernet cable between my computer and cable modem.
    -I am still able to connect to the wireless router using mobile devices and other laptops.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Attached Files:

2. helpifIcan

helpifIcan Extraordinary Member

Jun 20, 2009
    If you have not already tried I would delete the wireless adapter, reboot and let it reinstall the adapter.
    First step.