Windows 7 Cannot see any wireless networks

razzendahcuben

Hello,

I've had my Dell M6500 with Windows 7 for 1.5 years now. My network adapter drivers are all up to date. I've never had any issue connecting to all kinds of wireless---airports, coffee shops, home, etc. The past weekend I was out of town and connected to the wifi at a McDonald's, no problems. When I arrived back home, my wireless connections list contained nothing but a Verizon mobile broadband connection. I have never used mobile broadband. Attached is a video of what I see.

Other various related details:
-When I troubleshoot, I am told to activate my mobile broadband connection.
-I have tried doing a system restore to a point well before my visit to McDonald's. No luck.
-I am not able to return to that McDonald's and try to reconnect to their wifi to see if still works.
-I have not tried connecting to another wifi network besides the one in my house since the McDonald's visit.
-I am still able to connect to the internet using an ethernet cable between my computer and cable modem.
-I am still able to connect to the wireless router using mobile devices and other laptops.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Attachments

• wireless.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 228
If you have not already tried I would delete the wireless adapter, reboot and let it reinstall the adapter.
First step.

Back