Windows 7 Cannot use System Restore

arkazain

This morning I decided to use the System Restore to revert back to a previous state, but after the computer rebooted and everything, I get an error message saying that it couldn't revert because there was a file that could not be accessed(doesn't say which file it is) and I got the error message (0x80070005)
It said that the cause could be because I have an anti-virus active, so I disabled it, but still no luck.

I tried 'chkdsk /X' but it said it was used by something else, so I made it so it would check next time I boot the computer(or was it turn off?).
Then I tried without the ' /X' and it said that I should try 'chkdsk /F' but it was used too, so I guess I'll find out next time I boot/turn off.

Regardless of the result, thanks for the help :)

No, unfortunately it doesn't work. Actually it doesn't seem like Windows did the chkdsk when I rebooted at all.

Well thanks anyway :)

The easiest way to run check disk is click computer, right click on drive, tools and check the boxes and reboot.
Joe

Hm, it seems that I don't have that folder, I checked to see if it was hidden, but it wasn't there.

Have you tried pressing F8 whilst booting and then choosing 'Last good known configuration'?

Back