Windows 7 Can't connect all drives on boot

buggs1a

I've got Win7 home premium x64. When I boot it says near the clock can't reconnect or can't connect to all network drives.

I don't have any nor have I ever.

I don't have a clue how to fix this.

Thanks so much.
Joe

Maybe you could give some information about your system? Did you build it, what type of network do you have....

If you check the Computer window, do the drives show there? Any flash drives or printers with built in memory card readers?

Hello and welcome to the forum.
In addition to what Saltgrass has already suggested, please open a command prompt and type
net use
That should produce a list of any mapped network drives. I suppose it's possible that some software product may have created a new network location that perhaps is no longer available and as Saltgrass says they should be listed and enumerated in the "Computer" window under "Network Location(s)"
Keep us posted, interested in see how this shakes out.
Regards
Randy

Thanks. Sorry for no info.

It's wifi and my laptop. My computer lists correctly my laptop hdd dvdrw. No printer or anything.
Haven't installed any network drive type software.
I'll do the command next. Just woke up.

My router has a place to connect an external drive. I never set mine up, just is case you have such a router or some type of extender for Media.

OK. So do you have an epson printer with some memory card slots in it?
Do you have a script or batch file that's running at start up? Could even be a scheduled task, possibly a product of an Epson software install. Just guessing.
Do you see a drive letter associated with the device?
Try to delete it
net use Z: /delete (where Z: is the drive letter association that you are seeing)

Hi.
Thanks so much.
It is z not 2. My bad. Thanks for saying drive z.
There is an Epson printer on the network and I did install its network drivers/software.
I did a right click disconnect in my computer window on its icon. Rebooted laptop and no more problem.

Major thanks and kudos to all of you for helping and responding.

Can you tell me why this happened?

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your problem. Thanks for posting back with that information and the solution that worked for you.
Thanks for joining our community and we hope to continue to see you around the forum.
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom