Can't connect to router but in XP i can

I need help badly, my wlan usb adapter can't connect to my router, but when I try it on XP (dual boot) it connects fine, it says it can't find network but in XP the signal strength is v. good. I'm using windows 7 professional 64-bit, i just installed it a day ago, i can connect thru wire. Taking the adapter off and plugging it back doesn't do anything.

This is the adapter: Sitecom - Productdetails Page - Wireless USB Adapter 300N - WL-302

I need help badly, my wlan usb adapter can't connect to my router, but when I try it on XP (dual boot) it connects fine, it says it can't find network but in XP the signal strength is v. good. I'm using windows 7 professional 64-bit, i just installed it a day ago, i can connect thru wire. Taking the adapter off and plugging it back doesn't do anything.

This is the adapter: Sitecom - Productdetails Page - Wireless USB Adapter 300N - WL-302
did windows install the driver or have you downloaded and installed the vista 64 driver ?

stueycaster

Millennium Celebration Award Winner
Premium Supporter
You might need to reset your router. Stick a paper clip into the little hole in the back. I had to do that to get a new laptop to connect once. You will probably have to delete the faulty connection in W7 and start over.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.