Can't copy and paste

dmslive

Hi. I'm not very formliar with the rules of forums so please correct me if I'm wrong. I've got a dell ispiron n5110 lap top , win7 home premium, 640 hard drive, 6gigs ram and I can't get it to copy and paste. Is there something I have to turn on or activate or download? I'm in the dark.

Thanks so much

David M. Simisky

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Hi David, it sounds like you might have a virus or similar? Try updating and running your security app. If you don't have one try malwarebytes: |MG| Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.61.0.1400 Download

Stupid question... are you right clicking and picking copy, or are you left clicking to highlight and hitting Ctrl+C to copy and then Ctrl+V to paste? (this is my preferred way) Does one way work, but not the other?

I found this at a different Windows 7 forum, http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208315-cant-copy-paste.html

Last edited:

Pauli

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
Stupid question...
Remark: There are no stupid questions. Questions show tendency for increased knowledge. Answers, however, may be stupid.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.