Windows 7 can't download or update

perka

Hello,

My windows update is stuck on 0%, as is AVG update. I can google but some websites dont work or are slower and some videos don't load. Youtube works so far.

I can not download with Firefox because when I click on a link it keeps loading indeffinitely, and then clicking on mirror doesn't do anything. I can download with IE. Seems as if my internet connection is really slow, though troubleshoot doesnlt find any problems.

I think I might have a virus. I used system recovery to a couple of days ago but problem remains. I have an asus laptop with windows 7 home premium, sp1.

Hijackthis log included.

Appreciate any help I can get

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 338
If that's the case, grab a blank CD and this program What is Windows Defender Offline?
The program will help you create a bootable CD. Boot from that and use the program to perform a FULL system scan and see what the produces.
Welcome to the forum.
Randy

Thanks for the reply.

I managed to get the 64 bit installer to my pc, but once I run it, it still has to download files to be burned to cd, and here it hangs again, then gives error: 0002-80072EE2.

Are these files somewhere I could download them straight from a link and then burn to cd? I couldn't find one myself.

Sorry was kinda hoping that you had another resource (computer, friend, relative, neighbor, etc.,) that you might use to build the bootable CD.

Alright, will make it and report back. Thanks again

SOLVED

Seems my router was acting up, wen't to restart it and everything is working fine, updated AVG and did a full scan nothing came up. Will use the defender cd if something else happens.

Thanks for the help.

Great news. Glad you were able to resolve your issue and thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.
Regarding the Windows Defender offline CD. It's the type of thing you need to keep updated with the most current signatures.
If you created a CD or DVD you shouldn't reuse it; it contains definitions to help it detect malware. Definitions are updated frequently so the definition files on the CD or DVD will be out of date. If you created a USB flash drive, you can reuse it. Windows Defender Offline will update the definitions when you rerun the wizard.
SOURCE: Windows Defender Offline: frequently asked questions

Back