Windows 10 cant download

gary owen

all of a sudden i cant seem to download from chrome or any other browser as it says i dont have permission i have never added a new account to the system and it says that i am administrator i dont understand why it wont download anything.

please help

Hi gary! Windows 10 has several ways that can get your PC back to running like you want.
IMHO Restoring to a earlier time is the least evasive and the easiest. You can get to all the ways from advanced start up.
There are several ways to get there. I would ask how you upgraded to W10. Was it by windows up dates, or clean install?
Here's ways to get into advanced start up.Advanced Startup Options - Boot to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
PS Welcome to the forum!

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-28_18-51-0.png
    upload_2016-5-28_18-51-0.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
i have just done a system restore nd this has sorted the problem but im just abit concerned this is just proponing the problem not fixing it completly

Glad to hear the problem is sorted. I don't have a answer why you weren't able to down load any thing before. What Anti-Virus are you using?
Did you upgrade with a clean install or from windows up dates. Is this the only problem you're having? If you can down load now, then I consider it fixed. If the problem returns we can try some thing different. I'm not a Chrome fan.
I prefer Firefox. You can down load it that and see if it gives you that problem. It never hurts to have another browser.
I have 4, but I prefer Firefox. Almost my bed time; but if you have more questions, I'll try to answer them! For another 30 minuites!;):)

i use avg ive never had a problem with it before. i got this from a windows update ive never had a problem with not being able to download before so hopefully now it is all sorted out if i come across any more problem u will be the first person ui get in touch with :)

IMHO You would be much better using Windows Defender for your AV. Are you using the paid version of AVG?
I never like to interfere with what AV program a person chooses, but I'm really not a fan of AVG. There are a lot better free programs out there. I have used use AVG a long time ago but no longer. Most techs consider AVG a resource hog. I'm using Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Pro.
Let me know if you need help with that! I mention a clean install because a lot of PC users have had some problems with the windows update upgrade install and have went with the clean install. If it ain't broke don't fix it!:(
Have a great memorial week end and don't be a stranger here on the forum!:worship:

im getting really annoyed with avg atm soi im gonna unistall it now it keeps uninstalling programmes im using because it thinks everything is a virus im going to keep coming back here you have been really helpful thank you :)

Back