Windows 7 Can't enable wireless adapter

noaml

Hi all,

Wireless adapter worked perfectly on the first few weeks of working with with windows 7, on a brand new Dell laptop. After these first few weeks I'v setup a wired cable account and stopped using the wireless.

Now, after trying again to connect to wireless networks after about two months not touching it, wireless adapter will not be enabled. When pressing 'enable' Windows opens a small dialouge saying 'Enabling...' and the 'Enabled', but nothing changes.
Pressing 'Diagnose' first advised me to update the wireless adapter driver. I did, still no change. Device is OK according to device manager.
Going to 'Diagnose' gives the same advice still..

And all of this after everything has already worked perfectly! How annonying is that...
Windows is 6.1.7100 x64, Wireless adapter is Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card (Built in laptop adapter).

Many thanks in advance..

Hi all,

Wireless adapter worked perfectly on the first few weeks of working with with windows 7, on a brand new Dell laptop. After these first few weeks I'v setup a wired cable account and stopped using the wireless.

Now, after trying again to connect to wireless networks after about two months not touching it, wireless adapter will not be enabled. When pressing 'enable' Windows opens a small dialouge saying 'Enabling...' and the 'Enabled', but nothing changes.
Pressing 'Diagnose' first advised me to update the wireless adapter driver. I did, still no change. Device is OK according to device manager.
Going to 'Diagnose' gives the same advice still..

And all of this after everything has already worked perfectly! How annonying is that...
Windows is 6.1.7100 x64, Wireless adapter is Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card (Built in laptop adapter).

Many thanks in advance..

I would uninstall the driver, and then re-install the driver. This can help clear up a lot of issues. Maybe you could even do a system restore back to when you had the wireless working. Sometimes this can help fix some adapter drivers. I have done this with some computers I have fixed from my peers. It seems to work on the few occasions, but this was Vista, so I can not promise anything. But I would either try the system restore first, and then try reinstalling the drivers.

Good Luck.

Back