Windows 7 Can't find or use media player 12 effects - features

I got a P6240f with Windows 7 preinstalled. The WMP-12 does not allow me to open up the effects, such as the "wow effect" enhancer and other features. In fact, I can't even find those features anywhere. The equalizer is only visible as a button when I have the "revert" skin in use. The revert skin cannot be resized.

Can anyone help me out?

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the windows7forums.

Do you have the menus showing?

Right-click on the rounded black bar at the top and choose View > Classic Menus

The way I do it is by switching the player into "now playing mode" (with that button in the lower right that looks like 3 squares and an arrow) and right clicking in the player area. Then you just go to enhancements and it shows a submenu of all the audio effects. I don't think you can do it from library mode unless you enable the classic menus.

Try this?

So 006, have you tried playing a song in "Now Paying Mode" (the mini mode) and then right clicked anywhere within the window to open a menu so you can go to "Enhancments" and then to the SRS WOW effect.

Here is a pciture:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Thanks guys!! I thought I had some kind of bug or functionality issue. In short, you can't get there via tool bar from revert or from library, it appears. I do love, however, how it's the default player for a lot of streaming sites. I also miss one of the visualizations that came with XP where it appeared you were moving very fast through the inside of a smokey tube.... so to speak. Anyone know how I can bring back XP visualizations?

One last question: I was always fearful of the option that allowed detailed metadata to be downloaded for mp3's off the internet. Years ago, I ripped a bunch of my old CD's using a crappy tool. It didn't bring over any album art and it only filled in some of the properties metadata. I don't want tracking cookies or any spyware. Any recommendations to update my mp3's easily?

Back
Top Bottom