Can't get computer out of Sleep after a certain time

dude

Please read the symptoms carefully.

I've set my power plan as per the image below.

When I press the power button, my laptop goes to Sleep, no problem.

I can get it out of Sleep for about 10-20 minutes by pressing the space bar or the power button, no problem, which means there's apparently NO hardware or driver problem with the power button or keyboard.

If I wait more than that, I can't get the computer out of Sleep in any way and have to crash it by long pressing the power button (again, this button works, even at this moment, as it allows me to crash the computer).

Also, after having forced stopped the computer, I have to press the power button many times until it finally starts the computer and that feels quite random.

I tried to uncheck the Fast startup option and restart the computer, but it does not seem to solve the problem.

Any hint?

Thanks

Attachments

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Open a command prompt and type powercfg /q > %userprofile%\Desktop\powerplan.txt and upload the powerplan.txt file from your desktop.

dude

Thanks
I tried a few different snytaxes in the cmd promp, but I'm not super at ease with it (see screenshot).
First I have to type powercfg /q and then what should I type, provided my Windows username is just x ?
Thanks

Attachments

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Copy and paste the command the %userprofile% part is literal.

dude

There you go

Attachments

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Are you using a USB keyboard and mouse?

dude

I'm using a Logitech G700s wirelessly.
I never had problems with it and this computer for many years, but you never know what happens with updates.
Should I try to update smth and/or use it with a cable?
Thanks

Last edited:

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
I would go into device manager and right click on the keyboard device. Make sure the "Allow to turn off device to save power" is not checked.

dude

Just one question: I followed the procedure for the keyboard and did't check it yet.
You mentioned a usb device.
Should I do it for the mouse as well?

dude

I followed this procedure for my keyboard
closed regedit
restarted the computer
the option to allow the computer to turn off the keyboard to save power is still greyed out, I can't change it.

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
If it's greyed out an unchecked that should be fine. You may always want to uncheck it on all of the USB hubs and root hubs

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.