Windows 7 Can't install Office 2003

Cecebee

Extraordinary Member
Just tried to install Office 2003 and first I got a message that the CD was unreadable so on a hunch I tried it from the command line. This time I got a message about no log file found so I tried again with a /L on the end of the command line. This time it started fine and then threw up an error 1711.

Has anyone been able to run Office 2003 on Windows 7? I ran it just fine on Vista but I am seeming to have a whole new breed of problems with 7.

Office 2003 won't install

Thanks for the suggestion, it was a good one. However, I was having so many little problems with Windows 7 that I formatted the partition it was on and reinstalled for the umpteenth time. I guess the stars were all in the proper place this time because about all my problems disappeared with this installation attempt. Office installed correctly and several other little unexplainable problems stopped popping up. Now if I can get the Win 7 boot manager to load XP I will be in business. It appears that 7 has Vista Ultimate beat when it comes to performance but it is too early to become too enthusiastic. I'll say this much, if Microsoft doesn't fix the installation problems that are being reported this version is doomed before it starts.

Thanks for the suggestion, it was a good one. However, I was having so many little problems with Windows 7 that I formatted the partition it was on and reinstalled for the umpteenth time. I guess the stars were all in the proper place this time because about all my problems disappeared with this installation attempt. Office installed correctly and several other little unexplainable problems stopped popping up. Now if I can get the Win 7 boot manager to load XP I will be in business. It appears that 7 has Vista Ultimate beat when it comes to performance but it is too early to become too enthusiastic. I'll say this much, if Microsoft doesn't fix the installation problems that are being reported this version is doomed before it starts.
You can install XP the same way you did with Vista, and then simply reinstall the boot loader using some Vista boot loader editing program. I did that and I have no problems at all. I used EasyBCD to do this on the most recent install, but it worked even on older boot loader editing programs, like VistaBootPRO (back when it was free :-( )

installing microsoft 2003

I had trouble with installing 03 ,Then I found to install (Install disk, switch icons to large,Look for setuppro and double click,now enter code) this should work ,it did for me ,Let us know.

I had trouble with installing 03 ,Then I found to install (Install disk, switch icons to large,Look for setuppro and double click,now enter code) this should work ,it did for me ,Let us know.

Kingman:

Can you please tell me where I can find setuppro. I have followed this thread and i see that you were sucessful. I have changed the icons to large view, but I can find setuppro. Any help in getting office 2003 loaded will be great:
Thanks JimH:

I TRIED THIS TOO WITH LARGE ICON. WENT FURTHER, BUT NO INSTALL. BEFORE WAS HUNG ON WRITING CABINET, NOW WILL NOT COPY FILES. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON. WINDOWS 7 RUNS LIKE TURTLE IN EVERYTHING. HAS ANYONE FIGURED THIS OUT? I SEE THAT THEIR SECURITY WARNING ABOUT CHANGES TO COMPUTER CAME UP WHEN SELECTED THIS PROCESS, GOES FURTHER AND I THINK IT WAS BYPASSED BEFORE AND ROOT NOT INSTALL WITH OS FROM DISK. NOW, ANOTHER PROBLEMS...TIRED OF MICROSOFT

I TRIED THIS TOO WITH LARGE ICON. WENT FURTHER, BUT NO INSTALL. BEFORE WAS HUNG ON WRITING CABINET, NOW WILL NOT COPY FILES. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON. WINDOWS 7 RUNS LIKE TURTLE IN EVERYTHING. HAS ANYONE FIGURED THIS OUT? I SEE THAT THEIR SECURITY WARNING ABOUT CHANGES TO COMPUTER CAME UP WHEN SELECTED THIS PROCESS, GOES FURTHER AND I THINK IT WAS BYPASSED BEFORE AND ROOT NOT INSTALL WITH OS FROM DISK. NOW, ANOTHER PROBLEMS...TIRED OF MICROSOFT

Hi Rubberboot, My problem occurred a long time ago and looking at the date of my original post I think I was probably using a beta copy of Windows 7. Since installing the RTM version of Windows 7 I haven't had any great problems installing any software. If you have a legitimate copy of Windows 7 and a decent hardware setup you should not see any of these kinds of problems. Without a doubt, Windows 7 is the best OS ever sold by Microsoft.

In order to make suggestions to you it will be necessary for you to tell us a bit more about your setup. For instance are your trying to run a 32 bit or a 64 bit version of Windows, what processor does your computer use, how much RAM, etc. Slow speed on the computer is rarely a result of the operating system; most likely it is caused by hardware insufficiency. As for not being able to install Office 2003, are you seeing any messages/alerts about it not installing correctly?

Back