Windows 7 Can't Install/Run Windows

Jinxxed0

Hello. I'm not sure where else to turn because I've tried googling this for last few days and have had zero luck.

I ordered parts from newegg.com and have been trying my first PC build. It's been a complete nightmare and pure

frustration since I spent over $1,600 on it. When I try to install windows, it usually fails to finish installing

when it restarts to finish the installation. Sometimes, though, it will finish installation and I can get into

windows. However, after that, when I restart (after installing updates and drivers) it wont run windows again. The

latest error message I get is that The kernal is missing or corrupt.

Safe mode doesn't work. System repair doesn't work, it just fails. At this point, I can't even get it to finish

installing anymore.

I've been at this for over a week and have no idea what to do. I've made sure everything was in the right place

over and over again. Made sure everything was seated correctly, but nothing I do works. I even made a bootable usb

drive, but the machine wont even run it. From the start I figure it was the fault of my nightmarish Asus P8P67

motherboard, but I have no idea. I was thinking maybe it could also be a harddrive issue but I have no idea. I've

had a family friend who works on PC's for a living come and check it out, but he've never worked on a mahine like

this. The problems he gets are like virus removal and stuff. So I'm pretty much no where.

Heres my build if it matters:

CPU
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K

RAM
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT

Fan/Cooler
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7

Motherboard (ASUS P8P67)
Newegg.com - ASUS P8P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Power Supply
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

Gfx Card
Newegg.com - Galaxy 57NKH3HS4GXK GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

HDD
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALX 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

OS
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - Operating Systems

You know I just went through the same thing building a new system using a 1TB WD Sata 6 GB Black drive from Newegg. The drive was bad. I went and got a SATA III drive (Seagate in this case) from a local reseller and the system installed and ran fine.

You can download a test utility (bootable) from WD to check the drive.

Of course, the possibility of a bad controller should be considered, but checking the drive is the easiest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom