Windows Vista Cant Install Win 7

ZeuZSVB

Extraordinary Member
Hi Guys ;)

Ive been trying to install Win 7 64Bit for a long time now but i havent succeeded with my own computer:(

This is the fifth time im trying, every time with different releases but every time same problem.

This i how i proceed:

First i unplug everything except the dvd drive and the hdd and my wireless keybord and mouse.

i boot from the disk and the installation starts without a problem until the second reboot it tells me that it need to restart to finish the setup and it does but when it comes to the windows logo it just hangs. its the same problem and ive been trying since the first betas and ive triede the disk on other pc's where it works so it gotta be my com. I triede to install xp 64bit and it works without any problem.

My pc's specs:
Intel dual core 2.66
Ati X1600
2Gb Ram
Sata Hdd & DVD

Hope any one can help :confused:

PS. A Random question ;) Will 64 bit extract rar files faster if the program also is 64bit?

Last edited:
Cant any one help with this problem? Ive been searching for days now and cant find anything:frown:

Hi Guys ;)

Ive been trying to install Win 7 64Bit for a long time now but i havent succeeded with my own computer:(

This is the fifth time im trying, every time with different releases but every time same problem.

This i how i proceed:

First i unplug everything except the dvd drive and the hdd and my wireless keybord and mouse.

i boot from the disk and the installation starts without a problem until the second reboot it tells me that it need to restart to finish the setup and it does but when it comes to the windows logo it just hangs. its the same problem and ive been trying since the first betas and ive triede the disk on other pc's where it works so it gotta be my com. I triede to install xp 64bit and it works without any problem.

My pc's specs:
Intel dual core 2.66
Ati X1600
2Gb Ram
Sata Hdd & DVD

Hope any one can help :confused:

PS. A Random question ;) Will 64 bit extract rar files faster if the program also is 64bit?

I notice that your running a SATA drive... Does windows ask for a driver during the installation process at all?

I notice that your running a SATA drive... Does windows ask for a driver during the installation process at all?

If it is not a driver problem.

Hi Guys ;)

This i how i proceed:

i boot from the disk and the installation starts without a problem until the second reboot it tells me that it need to restart to finish the setup and it does but when it comes to the windows logo it just hangs

I have had a couple instances of this where it hangs at the logo, At the moment of time it did, I had all bios settings set to default, I had to go in and raise some voltages"every board is different", for this I believe happens because once booting up, the system is actually asking pulling more power than it would as in installing.
Throwing this out there because I ran into that problem and that fixed it.
And also if you have an overclock configured wrong, this will happen as well.

Back
Top Bottom